Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where exactly this ranks in my favorite mods, but definitely top 5. Taking the clip off was a little nerve racking, but not hard.

Next up - Drake's all-black fuel door. Oh, and getting my halos to work properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Dude that looks nice...sweet SE badge as well. Nice job :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered - it is the Black Chrome Surround that came on the Mopar '10 Challenger.

·
Registered
607 Posts
How hard was the install?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not too bad - but I have access to a lift and just about any mechanic tool you would need. There are a ton of posts on removing the front clip, I really have nothing to add on that. Once the clip is off, the surround install is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
looks great! the black chrome grille is definitely on my "to-do" list!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Not too bad - but I have access to a lift and just about any mechanic tool you would need. There are a ton of posts on removing the front clip, I really have nothing to add on that. Once the clip is off, the surround install is a piece of cake.
So you would have to lift the car to do this? Dont have one so not really an option. Is there no way of installing this piece just from the ground and simple tools?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I think you could do this without a lift. You can get the belly pan off while on the ground, though it can be a pain - some thing with disconnecting the harness. You don't have to remove the tires, but I found it much easier to drill out the existing rivets, remove bolts and then re-rivet while the tire was out of my way.

As for any special tools, I would definitely recommend picking up a set of plastic door or dash removal tools, not very expensive and they've come in very handy for many projects on this car. Also need a rivet gun and some POM rivets to reinstall the clip. Other than that, just basic tools were fine.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Wow, not the best with cars and what to do to customize them haha, so maybe I will check to see if there is another alternative. If not, then I will be required to give this a try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.