Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the black chrome kit (I think it's by Duplicolor)? I saw it reviewed on HorsePower TV or similar show--they tried it on chromed valve covers--but I'd be intertested to know how it works on alloy wheels, whether it's possible to get an even finish or if I should simply paint 'em.

This is for my daily driver, and having the wheels chromed professionally is more than I want to pay. I know I can get a decent result with paint, but the black chrome look would be cool, so I'd give it a try if I thought there was a a chance it would work out ok.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd stay away from painting your wheels unless your talking powder coating. They'll be chipped to holy hell in a few months time. Powder coating or chroming the rims is really the only right way to do it without ruining your wheels.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Don't do it.

Hang tight until you have the money, and have Cal Chrome do it. Trust me, as I had black chrome done cheaper and it was crap - even by a "professional" company. I wouldn't even attempt to do it with a kit.

I now have the ones shown above by Cal Chrome and they are beautiful, like black glass. Worth every penny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts