Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the best way to bring back the color/shine on the black plastic fasia around front, side and back of car. On my 2009 inferno R/T the black plastic has become dull and got some wax on it that has left a whiteish fade in a few areas.
Thanks...Bob

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use Aerospace 303, it will bring it back to black and protect it....good stuff!! I've only seen it at Marine Boat Stores.....

·
Registered
711 Posts
was just going to post Aero 303 - best stuff out there, non greasy and silicone free.

If you really want GOOD stuff, "Poor Boys" is the brand, they have a nice trim cleaner/detail product as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used back to black on my plastic. I thought it did a terrible job. Within a week it dried out and left streaks everywhere. Never had any issues prior to using this product. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Back to Black works great..But you must apply evenly and "Buff" the product initially. Don't just put it on and walk away. A little extra time working it it in gives you a years worth of factory sheen...but like anything else your finish including the trim takes effort to maintain that factory fresh look.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I personally on MOST "wax on plastic" I use rain-x to get the wax off, then I'd hit it up with a plastic conditioner (mothers back to black) etc, rain-x seems to get wax off black plastic quite well in my experience.

The issue with back to black and other conditioners like Aero 303, is that the second your car gets hit by water, it's going to run and generally looks bad, the idea is to get the wax off (with rain-x or whatever) and then just condition it once and see how it is AFTER it gets rinsed (back to black is obvious as it REALLY makes your black plastic pop, very shiny, but does run like crazy and you HAVE to apply it evenly otherwise it will look odd)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts