Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few different brands out there, to,include the very expensive MOPAR piece. Most seem to be priced about $100.00. Can anyone recommend a particular brand or supplier? If it's makes any difference it's for a 2018 model. Thx.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,701 Posts
I know there are a few different brands out there, to,include the very expensive MOPAR piece. Most seem to be priced about $100.00. Can anyone recommend a particular brand or supplier? If it's makes any difference it's for a 2018 model. Thx.
If you're looking for a pretty inexpensive way to get the black fuel door, just take yours off and plastidip it. A can of PD is less than $10 at Pepboys.

You just take your stock door off, then clean it really well with some soap and water and then iso alcohol to get rid of any oils on it and then pout about 6-7 coats on it. I did this before finding a good deal on a used matte black Hellcat fuel door. I also tried it in a matte clear to see if I liked that better before buying the black piece.

It's a cheap way to experiment to see what you like, but to answer your question, keep an eye out in the used parts for sale. Once in awhile they pop up in there. Be forewarned though, if priced right, they sell pretty quickly.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,833 Posts
I prefer the black vapor Fuel Door. As you say $90-$100 68250120AA

91XmixM9reL._SL1500_.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just did mine the other day..........got it from Steve White motors, think I paid $108....I did the plastic-dip first to see if I liked the color, it did look good, the only problem is if you got a drop of gas on it, that thing would be melting pretty fast, being careful, mine lasted for about 3 months, then where the hinge is the dip would wear off and you could see the chrome again..........so I bought the black one.

Depending what you do with the chrome one...........I was thinking of just roughing it up some with sandpaper & try painting myself, but I thought it would be easier to keep it and put it back on the car when you sell it........then sell the black one later.

Couple pics of the cap............with & without the new stripes I threw on

Rich

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I really like my Drake fuel door, kinda' pricey but you get top quality, buy it, put in on, enjoy it for the life of the car. No issues just a nice upgrade for sure.

·
Vendor
5,657 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts