Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking thru ebay I ran across two vendors selling $100 black fuel doors, looking at them they seem just like OE black fuel doors except maybe they are flat and not glossy black, not sure if these dealers are taking chrome ones off and having them dipped or not but @ $100 much cheaper than they were @ $330 or so.

see
Factory New Black Fuel Fill Door Cover Cap 2011 2015 Dodge Challenger | eBay

What do yall think? Steve White Motors is selling these at this price too.

·
Vendor
13,331 Posts
different part number, the gloss black is very expensive, the matte black is pretty inexpensive, we have 8 ordered coming in next few days
Luke

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well I am glad were able to find both gloss and flat cheaper than you can buy a new chrome door for in some cases.:banger:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Never did like the chrome fuel door and these are way less expensive than the Drake fuel doors. I'd like to see more pics of these on the car. Anyone wanna post some up?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm thinking about plasti dip my door. Can't see shelling out that kinda money for a gas cap cover
I said that too until I did it, the dip is fine and cheap, but the hinge area is prone to get scrapped off when you open the door no matter how careful you are. Granted its cheaper and looks good (better than chrome on some cars like mine) but for the extra price of this cap I never have to worry about touch ups or respraying it, suppose it depends on how much you value your spare time too, YMMV

·
Registered
36 Posts
I said that too until I did it, the dip is fine and cheap, but the hinge area is prone to get scrapped off when you open the door no matter how careful you are. Granted its cheaper and looks good (better than chrome on some cars like mine) but for the extra price of this cap I never have to worry about touch ups or respraying it, suppose it depends on how much you value your spare time too, YMMV
dipped my fuel door,..no probs with the hinge area...

jus don't drip fuel on it!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why would gloss black fuel door cost twice as much as a matte black fuel door

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sold me there ! I'll spend the extra dough on something that increases performance
Good call, Chef...what are you thinkin of cookin up? ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.