Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sept. 21, Dodge will be unveiling its next limited edition Challenger. Supposedly, it will be called the Black Ghost, in deference to the legendary street racer 1970 Hemi Challenger that roamed the streets of Detroit. It will feature a Hellcat engine and will make similar power to the Jailbreak mode. Only 300 will be built.

Here is Racer X's take on this.

·
Registered
2021 Hellcat Widebody Hellraisin over Demonic Red
392 Posts
gotta hand it to dodge though just when you think you couldnt get any less interested then they drop this turd on us
Hardly. If they do it justice, this would be the only one I’d be interested in, were I in the market. I guarantee you that many others will feel the same, and this one won’t be on lots long.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
gotta hand it to dodge though just when you think you couldnt get any less interested then they drop this turd on us
This one would be a legit dedication. The “King” edition on the Charger is a fumble and possibly politically motivated but I see the Black Ghost as a real piece of Detroit history and worthy of being named after.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I like the idea of the "Black Ghost" but I kind of feel that it should be "cheap" not loaded up. Going back to the mid 80s, sort of like the Mustang LX with 5.0L V8.

If they are going to load up the Black Ghost, then they missed the point, IMO, of what the car supposed to be.

And PLEASE make it only in black. I don't want to see a B5 Blue Black Ghost.

Nothing against B5, I like that color, it was my 2nd choice, you know what I mean how it should not be any color other than black. And I don't mean, mystic night shade black pearl metallic.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I like the idea of the "Black Ghost" but I kind of feel that it should be "cheap" not loaded up. Going back to the mid 80s, sort of like the Mustang LX with 5.0L V8.

If they are going to load up the Black Ghost, then they missed the point, IMO, of what the car supposed to be.

And PLEASE make it only in black. I don't want to see a B5 Blue Black Ghost.

Nothing against B5, I like that color, it was my 2nd choice, you know what I mean how it should not be any color other than black. And I don't mean, mystic night shade black pearl metallic.
I had 2 new Mustang LX 5.0 back in the day. 91 and 92 notchback 5 spd $15K new or so. crazy those cars had 225 HP and now I'm rolling with 717 from the factory. I thought I was the $hit when I got a new Z28 with 285 I think.

you lost me at Racer X's take on this.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I had 2 new Mustang LX 5.0 back in the day. 91 and 92 notchback 5 spd $15K new or so. crazy those cars had 225 HP and now I'm rolling with 717 from the factory. I thought I was the $hit when I got a new Z28 with 285 I think.
That was the "first" modern horsepower war. a 1982 Trans Am/Z28 had 145hp with 2bb carb. I think the next step with 175hp H.O with 4bb carb Then the fuel injections and the 350 (5.7) V8. So, yeah, the LX with 5.0 was Boss back then, at one point.

·
Registered
2021 Hellcat Widebody Hellraisin over Demonic Red
392 Posts
We live in crazy times with respect to reliable horsepower.

That was the "first" modern horsepower war. a 1982 Trans Am/Z28 had 145hp with 2bb carb. I think the next step with 175hp H.O with 4bb carb Then the fuel injections and the 350 (5.7) V8. So, yeah, the LX with 5.0 was Boss back then, at one point.
5.0 Liter HO was 190. TPI was 215 in a Z28 or IROC-Z and 210 in a Trans Am supposedly due to intake differences. 5.7 TPI was 225 in an IROC-Z. Mustangs had the straights and the GM cars had the twisties. They were all the sh!t in their day.

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
355 Posts
This one would be a legit dedication. The “King” edition on the Charger is a fumble and possibly politically motivated but I see the Black Ghost as a real piece of Detroit history and worthy of being named after.
Not sure what you mean, as the King Daytona has a similar story

Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Newspaper
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Wheel Car Photograph Hood

·
Registered
420 Posts
True enough. But if I DO win the lottery, that’s the only one I’d be interested in. And I’d put it on a turntable in my new living room with a big spinning disco ball over it.
Yet another vehicle that will be bought up by collectors, stuffed into a warehouse, then sold a few years latter on a TV auction show. Doubt you'll see more than one maybe on the road being driven.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
1 - 20 of 70 Posts