Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all read about the 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times for the Hellcat with the 707hp RED key. Has anyone read about performance times using the BLACK key? At 500hp, the car still has a little more power than the 6.4 / 392 cars (R/T scat pack or SRT). Would a "black key" Hellcat be quicker than the others? And just for fun, I wonder what the performance times would be in valet mode (300hp).

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
I don't think anybody will use the black key unless it is to drive to the dealership to get a red one because they lost the original!

But I guess your question is interesting.

·
Registered
166 Posts
plan on using the black key during the winter. that with snows should be perfect.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
plan on using the black key during the winter. that with snows should be perfect.
Unless you don't want to be 'tempted' by 700hp, you can run the red key and still limit to 500hp if you wish. I plan to run the red key all the time, with my 'default' settings being 500hp and 'street' everything. My Custom mode will be 700hp, track transmission, sport traction control and sport suspension.

As I stated in another thread, if valet mode can be turned on/off while driving it would make an excellent 'snow' mode. My IS300 back in the day had a snow button which limited throttle input, came in handy.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Each of these cars have a skinny pedal that controls power output. For me red key all the time and control power output with my right foot. 707 isn't THAT much power. It's a manageable amount. You can't stomp the throttle from a stop or 30 roll but manageable.

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Each of these cars have a skinny pedal that controls power output. For me red key all the time and control power output with my right foot. 707 isn't THAT much power. It's a manageable amount. You can't stomp the throttle from a stop or 30 roll but manageable.
You wont be able to stomp it at 55mph roll!!!!!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
You wont be able to stomp it at 55mph roll!!!!!
"Shouldn't" but I likely will lol. Depends what you have out back. DR 305-315 likely could put down most of the power if you were locked in the appropriate gear. Some controlled spin. I roll race mine w 600ish hp and in 3rd at 60 mph at 4000 revs stomp it at the start for 1500 ft and barely spin at all w 315s. 15% more power with 7-8% more weight should be ok-ish. :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
No it wouldn't. Maybe a 13, with black key only its rpms are limited to like 4000 rpms, so I doubt you'd run much better then a 13 or so 1/4
I have to agree. 4000 rpm limit, no first gear, transmission in the most calmest setting, no paddle shifters.

Should make it a fair fight for my 6.1....lol :bigthumb:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Speaking how fast the black key would be @ 500hp... I truly believe, if talking about a M6, 11.9-12.2 would NOT be achievable.

As you all know, the A8 ran 11.2 with all 707 ponies. What do you think the M6 will run with all 707 ponies? I'm sure it is going to be closer to 11.7-11.8 (Average driver)... Now lets limit the power output to 500 ponies... in a M6, i'm thinking 12.8ish..

Thoughts?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I work at a local restaurant...what I want to know is what I can expect to get out of one with the pin-activated valet mode on. Will I still be able to relive the excitement of my heroes from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, or will it be more like a comedic reprisal?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I work at a local restaurant...what I want to know is what I can expect to get out of one with the pin-activated valet mode on. Will I still be able to relive the excitement of my heroes from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, or will it be more like a comedic reprisal?
lol...300 hp. Look at it this way...valet mode makes it like a V6. Black key makes it like a 392 (500 hp). And red key makes 40% more power than a 392...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But the Ferrari in FBDO only made 237hp, I should be good to go - right?

;)
The Ferrari weighed about 3000 pounds less than the Challenger does, so power to weight says you ain't havin' Ferris type fun. Nice try. However, even the sharpest turns at 40 mph, or highway off ramps at 50 will still be a blast with the suspension in Normal mode. You might beat a Prius to the next red light, but who cares about that. Almost anything else will probably beat you. That's when the laughing will start. Thanks for being willing to test it for us. Post the GoPro dash cam video so we can see what happened. What restaurant do work at so I know not to park there?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
But the Ferrari in FBDO only made 237hp, I should be good to go - right?

;)
Hahaha yeah it's more output than that so should be able to replicate the scene! :)

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
At 500 hp, I would guess that it would run between a 11.9-12.2 sec.
A tad heavier but with a 8 speed. I'd say low 12s like you stated as there won't be a custom tune anytime soon to turn off some of the nannies. Tq mgmnt removal is worth .3 on a '12 392 A5.
As long as it has tons of tq down low like the 392, it should scoot.

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.