Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger this afternoon and told my local dealer to go ahead and start the dealer trade process. Looks like I will be picking up a 2010 RT, 6-speed with the 27F pack. I am super-stoked.

Now comes the hard part. What stripes? LOL

At first I was sold on red hood-to-fender RT stripes. And I still love'm. However, I saw another picture of a black-on-black hood stripe and that is very sleek and mean looking. I think I like it better.

To help make my decision I'd like your help. Please post up your various stripe combinations on BLACK. I'm interested in hood-to-fender, hood strips, complete rally strips, etc. Mainly I'm thinking black on black, or red on black. But also some silver, grey or white might look good too.

Here are the two I found. By all means, keep the pictures coming strong & heavy and voice up your opinion as well.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'd get the red. Love the hood-to-fender stripes! The red stands out so nice. I also like the silver stripes on a black car.

I'm a little confused though...are you thinking of black SRT stripes on an RT???

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
To me the only issue with RED is how bright it is...I love the Black challengers stealthy menancing look, bright red to me just doesn't go with it...

·
Registered
866 Posts
I like the SRT stripes the best. I'd go with them in red from one of the vendors here on Challenger talk.

1st - choice RED SRT style stripes
2nd - choice RED Hood to Fender stock R/T stripes

Congrats, I love these cars too much. I will be buying at least one more brand new sometime...

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
I like red look @ my car

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a little confused though...are you thinking of black SRT stripes on an RT???
I guess I'm confused too. I didn't realize the pictures I posted of the black on black stripes were "SRT stripes". I know the car being shown was an SRT, but I thought they put those same hood stripes on RT's. Am I misinformed?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heres my flat black stripe kit on my SRT8...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
If you were talking about a Black 2011 the decision would take about 3sec... if that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you do a Google image search, you'll see plenty of black, red Challenger vinyl combos. Congrats on your new car!

7,359 Posts
All look great!!! Sweeeeeet Rides guys!
You all know black is the baddest color for this car !!

OP congrats on your new baby,but dont mix up the stripes if its an RT stripe it RT..And so on!
There are differences I went with a very off brand Flat Black not Matte so not to look like evey other striped Challenger out there plus the stripes are detailed with pinstriped edges.

I striped it finally, and will never go back..Tinting asap...Everything! Youll see youll have to hide the credit cards soon as well... :p
Black on black is just about as sinister as it can get ..
Under the hood dont ask wont tell until we are at the track after we run!

Wanna roll with the baddest Challengers here get to Challengerfest spring or Fall or both like we all do!
Black on Black ! Back in Black!Black Beach!Black Betty!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts