Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
There were 3 toxic at my dealership today, i opted and ordered a black RT with chrome.

Kinda looks like Brazin orange from the vette, but not as bright, the orange looked dull.

So i bought a black 6 speed, hope to love it.

My other option was white, then i went back and remembered the 1987 grand national in black was sinister with starlight black. So that was it, anything other than green with envy just would not do.

Red looked good too, reason for no orange is DA PUMPKIN is not a tag i wanted to drive daily.

BW

·
Registered
108 Posts
Get the black, with silver mustang type stripes, it looks soooo muscle car era! I hate the Toxic Orange, it looks so shitty in most pictures, but then again, in the right light it looks amazing. I would rather just get a Black with silver stripes Chally that looks mean 24/7 than get a Toxic Orange one that looks good only in bright sun.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you don't mind the constant washing to keep it looking good then I would go with black.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Yup.............. gotta agree with theACE......although I dont think the TO looks shitty......its no where near as good as the Hemi Orange......I might be a little bias though..........:bigthumb: ........he he he

Get the black and do EXACTLY what he said. Silver stripes man. No doubt the BEST color combo on the Challenger........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I should correct myself, I too do not think TO looks shitty, but it just looks dull in less than perfect lighting situations, it looks like a copper type color, and it just doesn't sit well with me, unless in good light. It also does not live up to the Hemi Orange color it replaced, that color was perfection on wheels!

However, no one could ever deny the sheer evil of this Challenger color scheme.

·
Registered
891 Posts
There was some pictures on here recently of a TO R/T. I thought it was stunning, that's what I would pick out of those 2 for sure.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow, I'd take a stripe delete on that car. Really? Mustang stripes are so out of place!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Normally I *hate* Mustang stripes, especially on Mustang's, but for some reason they look so good in silver on a black Chally. Maybe it's just a few of us who like it though, but still, it's sexy shit.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
go with black if you're not sure.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
TO will be more unique....it may only be around for 6 months...w/ grey stripes i think it looks good

black will show the swirls the worst....black is tough looking, but too much trouble to keep clean

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
As a previous owner of 3 black cars, I will say that black finally "broke" me. Looks great for about 30 minutes after washing.

If I ever move to dust and pollen free world, black will be my color of choice.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, but when they're clean you get this.........

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
if it is hemi orange then yeah for sure!, but the toxic one...ummm not sure about it, it does not look interesting to me. Black probably a better choice.

GOTSRT

1 - 20 of 46 Posts