Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a black gas-cap and black rear spoiler, to finish off (what I feel) would be a nice sleek look to the car. Question is, do I:
  • Vinyl Wrap the spoiler matte black
  • Paint the Spoiler at a body shop matte black
  • Buy an already matte black aftermarket spoiler, from like AmericaMuscle or something.

Anyone have any experience with this? Which is maybe cheaper or which is maybe better looking?

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,254 Posts
If you are 100% set on it, then do it right, either buy a duplicate spoiler and have it professionally painted, then swap, or have the one thats on there now painted, but that would require some down time , or driving around sans-spoiler, whiles its being done.
OEM ones, (including factory black scatpack, hellcat, redeye perf.) can be found on ebay and elsewhere and woudl be drop in ready if not damaged.
If you are unsure about going black...grab a can of plasti-dip and give it a try on a temp basis, that way if you find you dont actually like it all that much, you just peel it right off..wasting a whole $4.
Ive not come acrossed a single aftermarket unit that was ready to go out of the box, all needed some form of prep before painting.
If you are not a DYI guy, thats going to add in cost. just food for thought.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No problem with any do it myself stuff. But more concerned finding one with a cut out for the rear view camera. Would rather not dremel that myself. I'm seeing stock replacement ones also being $500+ for some reason. Seems excessive.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I bought the black gas cap and spoiler when I bought the car and had the dealer do the swap. They didn’t charge me for the labor. I don’t regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Looking to get a black gas-cap and black rear spoiler, to finish off (what I feel) would be a nice sleek look to the car. Question is, do I:
  • Vinyl Wrap the spoiler matte black
  • Paint the Spoiler at a body shop matte black
  • Buy an already matte black aftermarket spoiler, from like AmericaMuscle or something.

Anyone have any experience with this? Which is maybe cheaper or which is maybe better looking?

View attachment 1015347

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Unfortunately I have a 2017. Doesn't look like it would work, and they discontinued the one for my model year. But thank you.
I'll be getting one for myself this spring and I have a 2016. The trunk and rear end hasn't changed since 2015 so I'm sure it would fit yours.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,580 Posts
2015 to 2021 will fit

A Guy

Reactions: 18PCPGT
1 - 9 of 9 Posts