Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R/T Plus, Blacktop
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just noticed this weird black spot tried getting it off using conventional methods, any suggestions? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Did you just buy the car recently and maybe didn't notice that spot? I have never seen anything like that before, but it looks like maybe it's under the paint?

Reactions: scatpackfrank15

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I agree, looks like a paint defect. I would consult a detailer/body shop before I messed with it.

Reactions: scatpackfrank15

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,945 Posts
When I received my '16 Go Mango SRT, there were a few areas that needed to be repainted. When I went to pick it up, there was a large area that looked worse than your pic. The guy that sprayed it didn't go thick enough so he ended up having to redo it. Then all was fine. Likely a defect from the factory in your case.

Reactions: GatorDave99

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,941 Posts

A Guy

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Hey gator, I’ll bet if you rub some compound on it it’ll take it out. If it doesn’t take it out it won’t hurt anything.
Allan knight

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
247 Posts
Update: took it to the dealer bodyshop they said it is a factory defect, took pictures sending to FCA so they can verify then repair it. Thanks everyone :)
Are you sure you want a respray? Hard for me to tell how bad it is but you would be refinishing a section of the car and blending into other sections since it sounds like a color repair, not just the clear coat. And then that has to come out perfect...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,945 Posts
Is your car Go Mango or red? I had a few spots repainted and the Go Mango blended right in with the original paint just fine. The guy that painted it loved the color so much, he ordered extra and did his Harley in it lol!

·
Registered
2020 R/T Plus, Blacktop
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is your car Go Mango or red? I had a few spots repainted and the Go Mango blended right in with the original paint just fine. The guy that painted it loved the color so much, he ordered extra and did his Harley in it lol!
Go Mango :)

Are you sure you want a respray? Hard for me to tell how bad it is but you would be refinishing a section of the car and blending into other sections since it sounds like a color repair, not just the clear coat. And then that has to come out perfect...
I want the spot gone so whatever they have to do

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Update: took it to the dealer bodyshop they said it is a factory defect, took pictures sending to FCA so they can verify then repair it. Thanks everyone :)
Hi GatorDave99,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 13 of 13 Posts