Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to do it myself (rather than use the GTS panels). Ive decided that I enjoy the murdered look on Stone White so much that I would make it permanent (for now). Used 3 good coats of VHT with 2 good coats of Perfect Match Clear Coat. I prepped the lamps with dish soap and a scotch pad. Came out with a Matte finish, and I love it! The fogs are still just GTS inserts. Next are to powder-coat my old SE's 18"s black as well as the chrome fuel door! I have my Hulst customs crossbar and Ive already finished it in matte black...havent decided to add it yet, because it almost seems like too much (maybe the crossbar only works on Silver). I think I may have to spring for the Danko Cuda face :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
very nice ... im haveing my rims powder coated .. just waiting for them to call for pick up ... then i will do tails and side markers ... again looks great

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah I was trying to figure out what to do about the headlights with out killing the retro look. Found some nice aftermarket headlights that had black chrome lamps. Thatll be later of course, lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks damn good! love the Panda look.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks a bunch!
Being a fellow stone white owner, I'm curious, and a bit confused. Did you paint the entire tail light and if so, does that not significantly reduce the amount of light coming through?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did my research before attempting this mod. As a matter of fact Ill post a video. The entire tail light was painted. The blinkers can be seen just fine in daylight, and at night its almost like they arent even blacked out. The side markers are shaded just enough to see light coming through, but the taillights still look great at night with no visibility issues!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Looks awesome. I'm in the process of blackening out my side marker lights, didn't give much thought to doing the taillights but maybe...

How do you feel the quality is when looking up close? I know there have been debates on this forum about using something like the Nightshades vs. professionally painting, just wondering what your thoughts are.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I think that in the right environment doing it yourself is just fine. But if you take it to an auto-detail place then obviously they can offer you a more quality job. Most of them just thin out gloss black and blast it, and it looks damn good. I like how mine came out matte, but when/if I decide to get new lights then Ill probably take them to a shop. I hate waiting on stuff to dry, and a gun always beats a can, lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But unless you have a full blown shop...its always gonna be better to have a pro do it ^^

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks great man! I have the GTS covers right now, but down the road I can see myself doing this. How long would you say that it took you to do this. Ive seen videos of it being done online and doesnt seem difficult, but seemed slightly time consuming.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Car looks sick man im totally doing this to my stone white challenger. i like my matte black spoiler I thought it tied it all in. I think with Smoked tails/heads and side markers it would be awesome!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks real nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
But unless you have a full blown shop...its always gonna be better to have a pro do it ^^
I may give this a try. Between that, and the matte front and rear spoilers, it would up the "sinister" look quite a bit.
Great job.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts