Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to share this little trick on how to make our large silver colored valve stems black to match black rims and not stand out.

Heat Shrink - 1.2" diameter. Just cut to length, hit it with a heat gun and your all set. Quick and easy. It was actually even cheaper to order a heat shrink assortment kit off of Amazon than just the 1/2-in alone and I got way more sizes for if I ever need them.

Hope it helps. Happy motoring (lol)

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to share this little trick on how to make our large silver colored valve stems black to match black rims and not stand out.

Heat Shrink - 1.2" diameter. Just cut to length, hit it with a heat gun and your all set. Quick and easy. It was actually even cheaper to order a heat shrink assortment kit off of Amazon than just the 1/2-in alone and I got way more sizes for if I ever need them.

Hope it helps. Happy motoring (lol)

View attachment 1018505
So simple and I’ve even used shrink tubing before and not once thought of this. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger GT AWD
144 Posts
Oh wow, that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing it. I was considering getting mine replaced all together. Now I don't need to.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
The BEST reason for this is salt brine likes to mess these up and break off when its tire change time................

Reactions: Dan Lukerchine
1 - 4 of 4 Posts