Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brilliant Black is beautiful, but why oh why is that Redline 3 Pearl still on my mind.

If it were up to you, Black or Red. 2011 R/T.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I love brilliant black with silver stripes........redline with silver is so awesome, too!

Let's see......black! No, red!!

Uhhhh, black!

Red....black.....red......black.....red.....black........

............ohhh, fugit, get green with envy.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had the same dilemma. Took me a long time to decide.

Have you ever owned a black car? they look awesome as long as they are clean... You've got to be anal about keeping your car clean. That's just not me, although, i always clean my cars on a regular basis.
The other issue was the extra $$ on the Redline. Well after going to a dealer and seeing it close up, I was amazed at the different colors that came out depending on the way light hit the pearl.

I went with the Redline 3 and from the others who have purchased this, there don't appear to be any regrets!

If you are ordering... better get that order in quickly as both black and red are going to be be in limited supply due to the situation in Japan.

Best of Luck!

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
The Challenger in Black is just awe inspiring. I really love my Hemo Orange, but the black is just a head turner especially with either white or silver side stripes......OR white or silver full rally stripes. Add some chrome clad wheels and its over the top hot.

Redline.....hmmm not so much. TorRed was a much better tone of red....IMHO

·
Super Moderator
13,974 Posts
I would get the Redline. Black cars are beautiful when they are clean and shiny, BUT it is constant work to keep them that way. I know, I have a black car. Expect to be washing it daily. Also, every scratch and swirl mark is highly visible on a black car.

Another two points. Black cars tend to heat up faster in the summer and have a slightly lesser resale value.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I would do Redline with stripe delete. Add matte black stripes your way and it would look muscle crazy.
Black with gray or flat black stripes is mean too, but even dust in the garage can lose its luster in one day after a wash.
I never liked red cars until I saw a Torred SRT at a car show. He did matte black stripes and every man, woman and child was standing in front of it taking pictures. It got more looks than the other 10 Challengers in the show including a white Hurst.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I thnk both colors are restricted due to paint pigment issues from Japan. Cannot order at this time. I went with Redline myself but I also own an 09 Hemi Orange!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would do Redline with stripe delete. Add matte black stripes your way and it would look muscle crazy.
Exactly how I ordered mine. Thinking of a custom thin ( 1/4 to 3/8 in) flat black pinstripe to follow the top curves along the side of the car Front to back.
Even thought about strobing the pinstripe but have never seen it done and have no idea if it will look awesome or just suck!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I thnk both colors are restricted due to paint pigment issues from Japan. Cannot order at this time. I went with Redline myself but I also own an 09 Hemi Orange!
Ditto. If you want either BB or Redline 3, you had better get your order submitted ASAP or find one already on a dealer lot.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Black! IMO they look the meanest, but I'm biased

·
Registered
461 Posts
Redline for sure.
It is the best RED that I have seen - it is neither a shade of orange (Torred) nor a shade of purple (Inferno Red).
The candy coat (of the three stage paint) makes Redline POP!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I own a black 69 Charger with red tail stripe. Color combo looks awesome, but about 5 minutes after I wash it, it shows a layer of dust on it. Black looks great clean....problem is it is rarely clean.

I would do Redline for just that reason. Especially if it was a daily driver. I love looking at a clean black car, but hate the effort it takes to maintain that look.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
We drove a Redline SRT 392 at the Track Experience last weekend. It had the dark stripes that they call "Dual Grey Center Stripes". That is exactly how I would order one if I were ordering.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Man that is an easy question to answer.

If it's your daily driver, red
If it's your weekend toy, black.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Man that is an easy question to answer.

If it's your daily driver, red
If it's your weekend toy, black.
couldnt have said it better then that. agree!
I own a black challenger, previous owner of a black charger, also owned a black 94 GT mustang, and a black 2003 Cobra, and a black civic(my daily driver), and a black 1993 4runner. my dad owns a black tahoe, mom drives a black tacoma, dad has a daily driver black f150, girlfriend drives a black tacoma also, could name a few more, my family has all black cars, all we ever buy......need I say more, to tell you my experience with black cars! :bigthumb:

they look beautiful clean, but you always have to keep them clean, the minute you wash and dry them, a few minutes later, you can already see the dust build up and the scratches, omg, it is damm near impossible to keep scratch free. My car is not a daily driver, so I can deal with black. but you will have your work cut out for you keeping it clean.

the redline edition looks awesome, even the white is growing on me.
all challengers look good period

·
Registered
210 Posts
Black Challenger = Sex on Wheels

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
My vote goes for red...

but this is coming from someone who has always loved red cars.

My husband just bought an Inferno Red Jeep Grand Cherokee, even though his last one was black. He said he would never buy a black car again, due to the upkeep. We both use our cars as daily drivers, so that does make a difference.

Good luck with your choice! :) Genie

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Black Challenger = Sex on Wheels
+1! And all that work keeping black clean is worth it, trust me. Once clean black cars are the sexiest.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts