Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is not the best photoshop in the world but better than nothing. I just wanted another opinion on powdercoating the wheels black or not. Thanks guys! I was also thinking about leaving the lugs silver and somehow having a silver lip on the outside of the wheel to accent my silver graphics.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice car. I prefer chrome/polished wheels over black ones, but that's just my opinion. Plenty of guys like the black ones, so I think you'll probably have to go with what you like.

·
Registered
466 Posts
interesting look if you do decide

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
like old school look like the boss 338's. good luck with the change.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
These are Boss 338s with a polished lip and silver stripes.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've looked at the same thing for mine, powder coat the wheels black... but then you have to decide a matte black or glossy. If you search around the forum you'll find a picture of someone who has already done it. I didnt save the picture when I found it, but I think it looks great on a black car.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
been a chrome guy for a long time. classic cragar, keyston classics. and they are still a great stylish wheel to put on a car. even the tourque thrust wheels that are black like in the above post look old school. you may want to try black chrome.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I like black on black.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like the black on black. My phantom wheels are matte black with the center spokes machined aluminum about 1/2'' wide. Looks menacing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
At least with my setup, im going with an all black theme...Matte blk racing stripes, black wheels, blacked out tail lights. Of course Id say go with the black wheels since most cars look great with black wheels anyways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cdhd2001 - Can you post a picture of your SE with the Phantom black wheels? I am looking to do the same to my black 2010 SE. I have tinted the windows, added a spoiler, put on battleship grey rallye stripes and replaced the nose badge with a billet MOPAR "M". Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks good to me! If you are on the fence, you could do something like a satin black if you wanted--it's a little less dull than the matte finish, but not high gloss. And it will blend/match well with other black parts (regardless of whether they are gloss or matte).

·
Registered
133 Posts
cdhd2001 - Can you post a picture of your SE with the Phantom black wheels? I am looking to do the same to my black 2010 SE. I have tinted the windows, added a spoiler, put on battleship grey rallye stripes and replaced the nose badge with a billet MOPAR "M". Thanks.
Not the best pic....

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Here's mine, I love black wheels on a black car, looks....evil.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts