Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just recently replaced my stock chrome 20 inch wheels with basically the same wheels, just matte black.

Also bought some new R/T center caps from Billet technologies. I had to do a little work to make them fit, but I think they turned out well.

It took me a few hours to do the fuel cover using Plasti-Dip. It won't come off unless I do some serious peeling either.

It's taking me some getting used to, but I think I really like the changes.

Tell me what y'all think!!

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are those the black SRT Repro wheels from Factory Reproductions? Or are they the SRT rims in black chrome?

I'm thinking about getting a set, do you know what they weigh?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Looks really good. I think window tint would put it over the top

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Are those the black SRT Repro wheels from Factory Reproductions? Or are they the SRT rims in black chrome?

I'm thinking about getting a set, do you know what they weigh?
They are the stock factory srt wheels that came on my car. I just had them painted black. Not sure on the weight

·
Registered
239 Posts
YUP, thats my winter setup, painted charger rims with pirelli scorpions for the NE snow

---BUT I love the look in with a White shark!
JonnyRT I live upstate NY also and didn't do to great with all the snow we got, despite my efforts. Granted, I live on a back, back, road and my driveway winds up a decently steep incline. I purchased the police steelies and started out with Nokian studables (awesome in the dry & rain), but moved on to a more aggressive Toyo Observe winter tire....

·
Registered
210 Posts
you should black out the side markers it would look sweet

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hemi--No? Weird...had Nokian studs on my old BMW rear wheel and it f'n rocked in the snow! These I didnt expect nearly the same but I cruised over most everything we got this winter...That is odd indeed. Where in NY are ya???

Tmeachamp---yes that is spring time mod #2 next week!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hemi--No? Weird...had Nokian studs on my old BMW rear wheel and it f'n rocked in the snow! These I didnt expect nearly the same but I cruised over most everything we got this winter...That is odd indeed. Where in NY are ya???
Funny enough my 89' 525i did great with snow tires (dunlop Graspics if I remember correctly), which is why I had good expectations with the Chally. The Nokian tires I had were studable, but couldn't find any info on where to have the studs inserted at the time so I changed to the Toyo's. In any case, I'm in Marlboro, Orange County.

FYI, to anyone interested in a good all weather tire, the Nokian WRG2 was a great tire...but the catch is that its all weather, not a dedicated winter tire. I'm putting 393rwhp at this point, which I think is too much power to expect great traction on snow/ice covered roads... and my custom CMR from HHP disabled the traction control.

·
Registered
55 Posts
nice ride man! my buddy ray sent me a pic of your car just the other day on my cell phone. I was thinking of doing something similar to mine. I probably still will but it won't be a ripoff of your scheme.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Still Nokian are no joke rubber...those Finns have it down pat. Im sorry they didnt live up to your expectations I would have expected great things...

Pirelli Scorpions my fellow winter riders...I blew threw everthing this winter without a hitch and I didnt even try going slow...well slower 'ish' maybe. But they are a truck tire and plain ugly now that spring is back...time for zee 20's!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey guys,
Just recently replaced my stock chrome 20 inch wheels with basically the same wheels, just matte black.

Also bought some new R/T center caps from Billet technologies. I had to do a little work to make them fit, but I think they turned out well.

It took me a few hours to do the fuel cover using Plasti-Dip. It won't come off unless I do some serious peeling either.

It's taking me some getting used to, but I think I really like the changes.

Tell me what y'all think!!
I like it.

Are those the factory repro charger wheels?
I like that they are similar looking to the stock 18" rims. Been thinking about going that route at some point. For now I will just stick with my plasti-dipped stockers.

Speaking of plasti-dip, hows it holding up on your gas cap? Is it showing any signs of wear at the hinge? I was thinking about doing this to mine with my left over dip, but thought the hinge might be an issue.

Lemme know. Thanks!

Oh, and I agree with the tint comment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts