1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post in the forum.
Just bought my new girl on friday.
Have a header orange 2014.
Looking to black out my grill kind of like the look better than chrome.
Also wanting to know if there are any headlights/fogs with orange *accents ont he lights.
Not sure exactly what is legal or not.
In San Diego, CA.
Thanks for any help and easy tips would be awesome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG!!! This is exactly what I want not even kidding.
Are the headlights legal or for show only?
Please tell me what I need to do ohhhh jedi master!
Lol Sorry been hitting the bottle

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome and congrats! not sure about the legality of the lights but I too am about to paint my front grill, ditched the fuel door now gotta get rid of the rest of the chrome look. See you around town!

btcaub- that's a sick look :bigthumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and congrats! not sure about the legality of the lights but I too am about to paint my front grill, ditched the fuel door now gotta get rid of the rest of the chrome look. See you around town!

btcaub- that's a sick look :bigthumb:
What fuel door did you go with?
Straight black or the black chrome combo?

Legality is main thing im looking for.

·
Registered
456 Posts
all black. tinted out all windows and side marker lights also.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm just gonna paint it. I know I wont go back. Also got a new chrome Hurst short stick gonna paint it with black chrome paint with a black shifter ball on top. ditching the silver stripes for dark gray. Should have it all done by end of next week.

found 1. I actually got the tint for the taillights but changed my mind. It is illegal but most people don't have any issues with the cops. It was just going to be too dark for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just gonna paint it. I know I wont go back. Also got a new chrome Hurst short stick gonna paint it with black chrome paint with a black shifter ball on top. ditching the silver stripes for dark gray. Should have it all done by end of next week.

found 1. I actually got the tint for the taillights but changed my mind. It is illegal but most people don't have any issues with the cops. It was just going to be too dark for me.
Ph wow, what did you use for the side markers?
Ya, that is my big thing.
I want to know if I am going to get pulled over for half of my upgrades.

What kind of paint are you thinking about for the grill?

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's what Im going for right there! Thought about buying one but figured hey gotta paint some stuff anyway, so why not try it. If I don't like the way it turns out then I will just buy one. My side markers are tint, from big worm graphix. when the lights are on half of each light is visible and the red or yellow shines through. wheres ChallengeRRR?! This can be a San Diego party.

·
Registered
624 Posts
That's what Im going for right there! Thought about buying one but figured hey gotta paint some stuff anyway, so why not try it. If I don't like the way it turns out then I will just buy one. My side markers are tint, from big worm graphix. when the lights are on half of each light is visible and the red or yellow shines through. wheres ChallengeRRR?! This can be a San Diego party.
Haha we need all the SD owners chiming in!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
456 Posts
It is almost midnight (pst), guess the rest of the country is asleep.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
I blacked out my grille with plastidip. Wanted the matte finish look to go with my theme. Looking to do my side markers next. ImageUploadedByAG Free1389806721.049521.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389806743.180155.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389806758.316807.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry no photos of it but I also blacked out my grille with plastidip and it has held up well through road trips, car washes and this record setting winter season. Plastidip is cheap too just run to Menards and get a can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just picked up Plasti and the paint for the sidemarkers. Now for the dismantling will post pics. If I can get this damn grill off.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just picked up Plasti and the paint for the sidemarkers. Now for the dismantling will post pics. If I can get this damn grill off.
Good luck, Pics when your done. Let us know if theres a secret to getting the front piece off, I have to do mine next week.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts