Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
My blacktop came with stripe delete, because they don't make blacktop type stripes for the T/A hood / GO wing appearance package.
I have yet to see much available for those...So I just did a Mopar belt-line kit.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was flawless until this ******* backed into it no more than an hour ago. I was sitting in my car, waiting for friends at lunch when he backed into me. Not a good day:guiness:

·
Registered
123 Posts
2014 RT/plus manual here in the UK. Have never even seen another Chally on the road here never mind a Blacktop.
may or may not be the only one in the uk.
Only mods are a Mopar CAI and a Magnaflow Competition exhaust.

Just curious, how much of a hassle is it with a left hand drive car in the UK? As the driver, you're on the side closest the sidewalk which is the reverse of how it's intended for boarding passengers, and your visibility isn't optimized for going from the left to the right side of a highway. I was discussing this with someone who was thinkng about importing a US car into a UK oriented road setup, and those factors were putting him off the idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2014 RT/plus manual here in the UK. Have never even seen another Chally on the road here never mind a Blacktop.

Very Nice! Mine has the stripe delete.

IMG_2777.jpg

·
Registered
216 Posts

What do the brits on average think of the Challenger over there? I'd imagine it would be one extreme or the other, as it seems American muscle seems to be popular over there. How is she on those smaller roads too.

Looks great btw, and pay no mind to that Dodge Challenger revolution commercial. :wink3:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just curious, how much of a hassle is it with a left hand drive car in the UK? As the driver, you're on the side closest the sidewalk which is the reverse of how it's intended for boarding passengers, and your visibility isn't optimized for going from the left to the right side of a highway. I was discussing this with someone who was thinkng about importing a US car into a UK oriented road setup, and those factors were putting him off the idea.
Sorry for lateness, been away.
Sitting on the wrong side has a couple of disadvantages, but really its not a problem at all.
Getting in is easier for the driver as he is next to the kerb, passengers? who needs em:grin2:

when you first get in one you have a tendency to drive in the middle of the road as your used to being near the white line, you need to use the kerb as a reference instead.

Other than that you have the problem of being on the wrong side at car park booths and the like.
Overtaking visibility IS a problem if you are on a minor , narrow, road and behind a lorry. Not a biggie, just tell him to go for it>:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
What do the brits on average think of the Challenger over there? I'd imagine it would be one extreme or the other, as it seems American muscle seems to be popular over there. How is she on those smaller roads too.

Looks great btw, and pay no mind to that Dodge Challenger revolution commercial. :wink3:
Had s197 mustangs for the last 8 years and seems like every male Brit knows and love them, people stop and stare or take photos ALL the time. Women have no idea and frankly dont care:frown:
The Dodge on the other hand is so rare and has very little history over here, that only people in the know even know what it is.
Even american car fans are wary of the Challenger due to its perceived size and to be fair if you were using it as a daily then it would get to be a pain..

Me I just love having a reasonable priced car , with a stupid great engine that no one else has the balls to buy:wink3:

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the 2014 model year, 181 Dodge Challenger RT Blacktop Edition units were manufactured in Header Orange with 5.7 engine, auto transmission and stripe delete. And, "Header Orange" is a one-year-only color so, write this information down and keep it with your vehicle as these cars are pretty unique.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can tell you that there were a total of 181 2014 Blacktop Challengers manufactured in Header Orange with; 5.7 engine, auto transmission and stripe delete. Also, Header Orange is a one-year-only color.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Super Track Pak package is included in a Blacktop edition. It is not specifically listed but, all the equipment is there. Just another reason to own a Blacktop edition.

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
The Super Track Pak package is included in a Blacktop edition. It is not specifically listed but, all the equipment is there. Just another reason to own a Blacktop edition.
Yes that is true and if you like black wheels, was the cheapest way to get it. The Blacktop added $1,995 but you got $500 back for stripe delete so a net of $1,495. To get Super Track Pack on standard R/T would cost $595 for STP plus $1,295 for the required 20 inch wheels for a total of $1,890.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

121 - 140 of 174 Posts