Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
My 2 favorite shades of grey are my Granite and Destroyer Challengers. Welcome to the greyhounds of the Challenger fleet. I am working on getting some custom graphics made to make my Destroyer grey GT stand from the crowd. This is a rough idea of what it will be like but the black will be matt black not glossy.
My 13 was granite, I wanted a color like Destroyer Gray but it didn't exist back then. Granite had silver stripes and the fake chrome rims but it worked for it. The destroyer, all black accents. Both good colors, I am def a gray guy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just bought a blacktop, in maybe the most controversial color to grace a Challenger.

Wasn't a big fan of the stripes or wheels in pics, but they definitely look better in person. Will still evaluate a wheel upgrade at the first tire change.
Controversial? Nahhh, my newest favorite!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have been thinking of doing this.

Can I get the lock nuts too ? Or just regular lugs ?
Yup, I have locks on those wheels. See this pic (the highest lug is the lock)

I got this package from speedlogix.

Black OEM Style Lug & OEM Lock Package 2005-2017 300/Challenger/Charger/Magnum 2012-2017 Grand Cherokee

They are pricey, and shipping is expensive but I had used their stuff before and it was good quality with a good reputation. I paid almost $100 with shipping for everything.

Found out about them on an older post on this forum. Some speedlogix rep is a member on here and was giving people discount shipping costs.

You can get a set on ebay (not sure what brand they are) for 30-40 bucks, but to me they looked like the finish wouldn't hold up and I am putting big miles on mine so rotations will be often. I almost skipped the locks, but was not a big difference in cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts

My 2013 Blacktop edition RT plus, 6 speed, black leather interior. Just bought with only 7128 miles..

Sent from my SM-G928V using
Tapatalk
Please forgive me if I'm doing this reply wrong. I can't figure out how to post a comment in this forum. (Kinda ridiculous)

How much did you buy your car for? I can't seem to find a value for my car. Stupid right? They just quote me the same as any Challenger.

I have a 2013 Challenger R/T plus Blacktop edition. I have a MagnaFlow exhaust, heated leather seats & sunroof/moonroof etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dunno about the '14s, but my '13 blacktop did not come with leather seats, and afaik it was not offered with the blacktop package.
And they are a 'limited edition'....not a whole lot of em around...but I wouldn't call them 'rare'.
Dunno if you got a good deal or not...can't really compare, I got mine way cheap when I was working at the local dealership...
Hello! I personally have a 2013 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition (5.7 liter V8) with heated leather seats. I have all the bells and whistles (sunroof/moonroof navigation cruise control etc) I'm looking for a value. Can't seem to get one. Just as any ol Challenger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2 favorite shades of grey are my Granite and Destroyer Challengers. Welcome to the greyhounds of the Challenger fleet. I am working on getting some custom graphics made to make my Destroyer grey GT stand from the crowd. This is a rough idea of what it will be like but the black will be matt black not glossy.
My 13 was granite, I wanted a color like Destroyer Gray but it didn't exist back then. Granite had silver stripes and the fake chrome rims but it worked for it. The destroyer, all black accents. Both good colors, I am def a gray guy.
Hello! I have a 13 Challenger R/T Plus Blacktop Edition in Billet Silver Metallic. (Black stripes w/red outline, black rims) I have a MagnaFlow exhaust system, heated leather seats, navigation, sunroof/moonroof, cruise control etc. (every option offered in the 2013). Unfortunately, it's an automatic but, I have paddle shifters. It only has 32000 miles on it. In perfect condition, no dents, no scratches, new tires and perfect interior.

Can somebody please help me with a value? I want to sell it. I was quoted the same price as a regular ol Challenger. KBB doesn't have the option for "Blacktop edition" I don't see any for sale on the internet, are these rare?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
Hello! I have a 13 Challenger R/T Plus Blacktop Edition in Billet Silver Metallic. (Black stripes w/red outline, black rims) I have a MagnaFlow exhaust system, heated leather seats, navigation, sunroof/moonroof, cruise control etc. (every option offered in the 2013). Unfortunately, it's an automatic but, I have paddle shifters. It only has 32000 miles on it. In perfect condition, no dents, no scratches, new tires and perfect interior.

Can somebody please help me with a value? I want to sell it. I was quoted the same price as a regular ol Challenger. KBB doesn't have the option for "Blacktop edition" I don't see any for sale on the internet, are these rare?
Other than the possibly addition of items included in the Blacktop package (leather, higher rear gear ratio, etc?), the Blacktop itself probably won't value any different than an R/T Plus. On KBB choose the R/T Plus, and choose to Select your options. Under Interior add Nav. Under Exterior check Moon Roof, and IF you have HID Headlamps, and/or Daytime Running Lights. Under Packages I'd go ahead and check the Appearance Group, since you have Blacktop stripes. That's about as detailed as they get. A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts

Other than the possibly addition of items included in the Blacktop package (leather, higher rear gear ratio, etc?), the Blacktop itself probably won't value any different than an R/T Plus. On KBB choose the R/T Plus, and choose to Select your options. Under Interior add Nav. Under Exterior check Moon Roof, and IF you have HID Headlamps, and/or Daytime Running Lights. Under Packages I'd go ahead and check the Appearance Group, since you have Blacktop stripes. That's about as detailed as they get. A Guy
Thank you very much. I do have HID (all the bells and whistles. I'm just wondering why I can't find another one for sale to compare it to. I was reading this forum and got the impression that my car was "rare" or "special". You obviously have one, as well?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
The Blacktop is "just" a package. How many have the package will vary, but it won't be considered rare. Here is the total R/T production for 2013. While the production may be low, you can look at it 2 ways. It is "rare", or only that many people even wanted one :) I'm afraid your car, like mine, is just a Challenger, beyond that is options and condition. A dealer doesn't care, a private buyer who is looking for your exact combo would, but how to meet that buyer?

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/when-will-2013-production-numbers-available-99320/index5.html#post4396098

A Guy

161 - 174 of 174 Posts