Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Blacktop edition

72K views 173 replies 67 participants last post by  Tank Hall 
#1 ·
Just wondering how rare the black top edition is. I was bored as usual and started searching for them to see if I got a decent price on mine. And damed if I can find any very few if at all. I emailed dodge and they couldn't give me a a production number as they are still in production.
How many on this forum have the black top edition? It was hard for me to find an automatic TRANS with leather. Most everyone had the standard TRANS with 6cyl
Who on here has the 2014 blacktop hemi auto leather?

#2 ·
All 6-cylinder engines have 5-speed automatic transmissions.

#3 ·
Dunno about the '14s, but my '13 blacktop did not come with leather seats, and afaik it was not offered with the blacktop package.
And they are a 'limited edition'....not a whole lot of em around...but I wouldn't call them 'rare'.
Dunno if you got a good deal or not...can't really compare, I got mine way cheap when I was working at the local dealership...

#9 ·
I bought my 2013 Blacktop 13, the day after i saw it come off the truck! It only had 4 miles on it i believe. Its an auto with leather seats, STP, sound group II, and U430N. I have only seen one other Blacktop Edition in my area so I'm assuming Dodge didn't produce a high number of these.

#119 ·
I've still yet to see one in my area.

#11 ·
Rare is a way to cook a burger. All modern Challenger's are not rare. Since Dodge is still making Challenger's with no end in sight everyone should buy what is personally appealing
and lose the worry of the future. I like the Blacktop. I actually ordered one last summer but the dealer forgot to enter the order. I came back to the dealer about a month later expecting to have a delivery date and the car had not been ordered. Now i'm glad because I ended up with a Shaker. The Shaker is not rare either. In the Alabama sun I would call it "Well Done." Thank you Dodge for building a car that I am having a lot of fun with!

#13 ·
I've got a R/T Plus with leather all over, which is a big part of why I bought the car. I'm not familiar with this "leather trimmed" interior.

Reactions: QCBlacktopRT13
#16 ·
2014 GCM RT Plus Blacktop 6M with stripe delete. I had to special order mine because all of them in my area actually had the auto trans or they were the base with the 6M. I wanted the leather and the 6M. Seems the dealers in my area all had at least one on the lot and most had 3 or 4 to be honest. South Florida if youre curious.

#18 ·
No you're correct. I think they are scarce and in some instances rare. I thought I got a pretty basic one but I've kinda been shopping for 8-9 months. I've always intended to order one but I couldn't find the one I wanted throughout the entire country. Nothing too fancy about mine either. GCM RT 6M Blacktop package, plus model, and 430 stereo. That's it. I did want and get the stripe delete but I couldn't even find one with a stripe with those options. I was kinda shocked to be honest. Even when I went to order the dealer said "let's look around first" and he came back in 5 min and said nothing.

#19 ·
Hm, I couldn't decide between the R/T Plus with the T/A package, or the R/T Plus with the Blacktop Edition, so I got one with both. :)

T/A and Blacktop. It's got full leather, btw. It has that auto trans with the paddle thingys, too.

P.S., I had to use heat resistant BBQ grill flat black paint on the rear exhaust tips, with the Blacktop Edition they still come chrome.

#30 ·
I just bought my 2014 Blacktop and now looking for a exhaust system what would you guys prefer im new in the car world and need help!
I went with Borla Atak and it sounds incredible. A couple guys in the Challenger Club I'm in have the Corsa Extreme and it sounds nice but I'm definitely happy i went with Borla Atak. There is some drone when you're cruising around 70 mph on the freeway but i like the way it sounds so its not an issue for me.

#24 ·
That is a highly debated topic. You will hear 10 different opinions. I am going with the Corsa Extreme. If you have an auto, one thing you must keep in mind is drone. Corsa is supposedly the best at handling the drone but it still sounds sick when you step on it.

#25 · (Edited)
Might as well ask it here since everyone has a blacktop. Whats the condition of your rims? Mine were pretty bad and still are. A lot of crap in the paint on them and the inside part was TERRIBLE. It was so bad and built up with garbage (dirt, break dust or something) that I didnt even think they painted the inside of the rim. It looked like over spray. Now keep in mind too that I bought mine brand new and was there when it came off the truck. It only had 0.7 miles on it. I didnt even notice it until I got it home and was giving it a good cleaning the following day. Heck, it took me a couple weeks actually to even realize that the rims were painted inside and I was simply looking at dirt. I think I got a set of rims that were sitting on a shelf somewhere for a LONG TIME.

#31 ·
Just picked up my 2014 R/T plus "blacktop" 6M tranny, leather / heated seats. Traded my 06 Charger Daytona "Banana"

Attachments

#32 ·
My blacktop stripes look completely different than that, did they change the stripes for colors other than silver and black??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.