Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT AUTOMATIC. I replaced the stock suitcase muffler with Magnaflow performance mufflers. OF course this did nothing... it stayed quiet.

I am ready to buy a Blastin Bob kit but not sure which one to get.

I want a mean rumble at idle and i like hearing a mean rumble while im driving on the inside.

What i dont want is the exhaust to be so loud that my wife and kids dont want to be in the car with me, or i set off car alarms.

I have a pred tuner so i plan on turning the MDS off later... but not right away.

Please help me decided which way to go. I posted this question somewhere else and i got like 1 reply....

You guys out there who have it.... help me.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
if i get the glass pack kit... will I be able to hear it inside the car while i drive compared to stock? stock is barely a mouse whisper

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I have a 6 speed R/T with the BB glass packs. I liked the sound of this set up better, as the straight through BB pipes fluttered too much on decel for my liking. Yes, I can here the BB glass packs just fine. Any louder, and I might find it annoying. I'm 42 years old if that matters.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live right near Allied Muffler aka Blastin Bob. I had him install his glass-pack (old school term for resonator) kit but it wasn't loud enough for me.
So I went back to have him do the resonator delete. The slightly louder exhaust sound is much more to my liking.
There is however a drone at between 2800-3200 rpm's.
I don't mind the drone so for me it's fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took my 6SPD RT Challenger to Allied Muffler as well to have the BB glasspacks intalled. Was extremely happy when he turned it on and when I drove away. I live about 30 miles away from him and by the time i got home, the drone at 2000 rpm had already gotten to me. I drive about 60 miles a day and kept this setup for about 2 weeks. I ended up replacing the stock front bottle mufflers with Bassani oval race mufflers and kept the BB glasspacks. Not as loud anymore; the drone is gone; sounds closer to stock at idle but commands a lot of attention when I get on it. I will say that everyone that got in it when I was running the BB glasspacks with the stock bottle mufflers loved the sound and were very impressed, but I could not take the drone on the long commute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts