Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 RT 6 speed and wanting to get some exhaust but don't want to spend the money on a full cat back system. I was looking at the blastin bobs resonator delete. I talked with my local muffler shop and they said they could do the same thing that kit does. Is that true, is it just removing the resonators and running strait pipe to the factory tips?

·
Registered
834 Posts
That's one option. I believe BB has a few different options depending upon how
loud you want it. With straight pipe your going to get some cabin drone but can
mitigate it some with different tips. The 6 sp does fair better than the auto though.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's what I did, went to a local custom shop and told them to get rid of the resonators (the big things at the back of the car, damn things are heavy) and custom bend me some pipes. Cost about $100 or so. Anyway, the sound gets some getting used to. It is loud though you will LOVE the idle sound, just like old school muscle. The problem I find is at WOT it is raspy. Not fart can raspy but closer to that sound than what you'd want. I've not done it yet but a lot of people on this forum have changed out the mufflers (which are basically straight through on the M6) with Super 44s and swear by them. I think that's what I'm going to do this winter.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
That's what I did, went to a local custom shop and told them to get rid of the resonators (the big things at the back of the car, damn things are heavy) and custom bend me some pipes. Cost about $100 or so. Anyway, the sound gets some getting used to. It is loud though you will LOVE the idle sound, just like old school muscle. The problem I find is at WOT it is raspy. Not fart can raspy but closer to that sound than what you'd want. I've not done it yet but a lot of people on this forum have changed out the mufflers (which are basically straight through on the M6) with Super 44s and swear by them. I think that's what I'm going to do this winter.
I have the BB Glasspacks on my R/T M6, which eliminate the raspy sound of the straight pipes.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Not sure about this, but....

I'd think twice about purchasing a product that is labeled..."Blastin Bobs.".... Reminds me of "Billy Beer."

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
This is basically the Flow master american thunder kit "44's and straight tail pipes". It sounds very old school on the M6 cars. On the A5 cars the drone is very annoying.

To the OP, the blast in bobs are a cheap way to get a decent sounding system. You would likely be happy with this setup.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
The glasspacks go where the resonators were?
Yes, BB glasspacks replace where the watermellon sized resonators were.

For those following along, you don't have to go with Blastin Bobs (although I'm glad I did) any reputable exhaust shop can weld in the same thing with off the shelf short glasspacks. BB just makes it less expensive and easier for the do it yourself folks vs paying the muffler shop for their labor.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I'd think twice about purchasing a product that is labeled..."Blastin Bobs.".... Reminds me of "Billy Beer."
Always judge a book by it's cover???

For what it's worth. With an auto, the BB 2 1/4" kit is pretty awesome. The 2 1/2" kit is where the drone starts, the straight pipe kit is pretty unbearable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've got a 2012 RT 6 speed and wanting to get some exhaust but don't want to spend the money on a full cat back system. I was looking at the blastin bobs resonator delete. I talked with my local muffler shop and they said they could do the same thing that kit does. Is that true, is it just removing the resonators and running strait pipe to the factory tips?
I have the same car and installed the BB resonated glasspacks. Great price, great sound, easy install.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have an A5 with the BB Reso deletes and straight pipes. There is drone. From about 1900-2300 it is loud(during the cold its dash vibrating loud). Does it sound great how I would expect a muscle car to sound? Yes to me it does. You need to try to ride in one to see if it is something that you like or not. Me I do not mind it one bit. Been on a few road trips and just kept it outta that range with only mildly going over the speed limit. There is a great video on youtube which I will try to find when I get home that has a good in car sound capture that sealed the deal for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts