Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice from guys running these on their R/T's. I've researched so much that I'm starting to forget what I've found or heard. Going with Blastin Bobs reso deletes with Glasspacks but not sure which ones. I've narrowed it down to two. (GP250CE which run Glasspacks 6db or MFCE which runs magniflow GP's at 7dbs. I've heard several audio clips with MFCE's and they sound GREAT, but I'm concerned they might be a bit loud for me. (daily driver) Sooo, I keep leaning back to the GP250CE's. Anyone running these? I have a '13 R/T 6-spd. Looking for deep clean sound, not a raspy sound. Any help will be appreciated!! Going to pull the trigger in next day or so.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I run the complete reso delete on my 2010 RT manual. It sounds mean. The glass packs should be just right for you. Remember they will break in over time and the sound will mellow out so don't get it and hate it, just give it about a month.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I ran the GP250CE on my R/T 6-speed for a couple of years or so, eventually I couldn't stand the drone on the freeway anymore and went with a proper cat-back without drone.

The sound from the GP250CE is great, I loved it with the windows down and from the outside, but windows up...the drone would give me a headache on drives longer than 20 minutes or so.

The MFCE kits are going to be louder than the GP250CE, however there's also the MF49CE kit which is what they recommend for 6-speed owners concerned about excessive drone.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys!! Yahoo, I was originally looking at the MF49C but was concerned it might be to quiet, but you might be right. In reality, I just want to go above stock sound but not crazy! I'm looking at coilovers soon so don't want to blow the budget on exhaust right now. Maybe down the road full exhaust. It just needs to sound as good as it looks!! Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks for the replys!! Yahoo, I was originally looking at the MF49C but was concerned it might be to quiet, but you might be right. In reality, I just want to go above stock sound but not crazy! I'm looking at coilovers soon so don't want to blow the budget on exhaust right now. Maybe down the road full exhaust. It just needs to sound as good as it looks!! Thanks guys!!
Based on your comments, I'd bet that the MF49C is going to work better for you rather than the glasspacks, which can drone considerably. Some people don't care about drone and actually seem to like it; others (like myself) can't take it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks DJ! The more I listen to the sound clips of MF49CE, the more I'm leaning towards that. Sounds better then stock and don't want to deal with to much drone. Getting to old for that on a day-to-day basis! EFX is right as far as GP's smoothing out over time, but when they get older they get louder as the glass cracks over time.. Thanks for the input!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts