Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Just what they told me guys 🤷🏼‍♂️ don't make sense to me either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
How about a photo of the engine and diagnosis print out.
Yeah I'm going to try and get something more concrete when I go to pick it up. I doubt they'll have a photo available though.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm not sure but I will ask. I highly doubt they got pics.
Not a bad idea if you can to get pics of the engine and as much of the engine internals as you can yourself. You want to document the engine failure to show the extent of the failure.

Also, you want a very thorough write up on some dealer paperwork that shows -- if this is the case and I think it is -- the engine failure was not something you did or didn't do.

This to have when (if) you go to sell the car the car will have a story -- nothing you can do about that -- but you can show that it was just a bad engine. You treated the car good on its first engine and you treated the car good with its 2nd engine installed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Not a bad idea if you can to get pics of the engine and as much of the engine internals as you can yourself. You want to document the engine failure to show the extent of the failure.

Also, you want a very thorough write up on some dealer paperwork that shows -- if this is the case and I think it is -- the engine failure was not something you did or didn't do.

This to have when (if) you go to sell the car the car will have a story -- nothing you can do about that -- but you can show that it was just a bad engine. You treated the car good on its first engine and you treated the car good with its 2nd engine installed.
Yeah that's a good idea. Will definitely get some documentation from the dealer stating it was a bad engine. Trying to resell this thing is going to be a trip.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yeah that's a good idea. Will definitely get some documentation from the dealer stating it was a bad engine. Trying to resell this thing is going to be a trip.
A 2015 is a bit new for a buyer to be concerned about engine longevity but if you decide to sell the car after it is back on the road you can stress the engine is new and new not because you took the car to the track or in any way abused the engine.

If there is a warranty that comes with the engine replacement you want to be sure it is transferable to a new owner or if not at least know so you can be upfront with the prospective buyer.

IOWs, you treat the new engine as a plus. You may not get over "market" for the car but you get market and the car sells quickly.

OTOH, a 2015 with a new engine... As long as the rest of the car is in good shape that's a keeper unless you just fell out of love with the car or your vehicle requirement has changed and the car no longer meets the new requirement.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts