Dodge Challenger Forum banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know how much has changed, but back in the early 1990's when I worked at a dealer, Chrysler had the most lenient warranty policy by far of any of the brands we sold. Their labor hrs were more generous as well. We always preferred to work on them for that.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
It's pretty well impossible to put an exhaust manifold gasket on backwards on a 5.7L. The holes simply won't line up, and/or the heat shield would protrude into the head or block.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's pretty well impossible to put an exhaust manifold gasket on backwards on a 5.7L. The holes simply won't line up, and/or the heat shield would protrude into the head or block.
And here we are two months later, no photos or proof.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I want to see a manifold on backwards.
like really.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts

A Guy :D

·
Registered
2016 challenger rt shaker
64 Posts
Please tell me it wasn't the timing chain! Don't want that old problem haunting us again.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
3 holes in oil pan and 2 in block...WTF? That thing should have been spewing oil while running? Wonder if the just said that to get a new long block as cam swap is IMO more work than swapping engines?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
3 holes in oil pan and 2 in block...WTF? That thing should have been spewing oil while running? Wonder if the just said that to get a new long block as cam swap is IMO more work than swapping engines?
It was spewing oil when it blew.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
Wonder why they bothered to do a compression test then if there were holes in the block? Main thing you have a new long block.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Wonder why they bothered to do a compression test then if there were holes in the block? Main thing you have a new long block.
Yup and a 2 year warranty/unlimited mileage on the repair parts. Almost 8k for the long block alone, is what the service attendant told me.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Probably part of the factory procedure. Years ago had an air/oil separator fail on another engine. Took car to dealer. Engine suffered a hydraulic lock up from oil in a cylinder due to the air/oil separator passing oil to the engine. (When I dropped the car off -- had it flat bedded to the dealer after hours -- I didn't think to write "DO NOT START" on the paperwork. When this failure happened the 2nd time and I had the car flat bedded to the dealer after hours I wrote "DO NOT START" all over the paper work and taped a sign to the steering wheel.)

As per factory the tech did a compression test. Found nothing wrong. But when I went to pick up the car there was a $300 charge for the compression test. I never ok'd that. Spoke with the service manager and he removed the charge.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
FINALLY REPAIRED!!

Only took a month and a half, but I got her back yesterday. New Engine and all. I have the invoice and some documentation. Still working on the detailed write up. But as you can see, this was real and I was not trolling lol
Took a while that's for sure, but all's well that ends well. Thanks for the update.

Just a reminder: Be sure to follow new engine break in guidelines and if not forbidden by the owners manual or the paperwork with the replacement engine early oil/filter services.

221 - 240 of 249 Posts