Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read everyone saying the OEM Goodyear F1's don't perform well in the snow/ice or cold temperatures, but figured I would be okay. I even drove them for a few hundred miles around the freezing mark and didn't think they were too bad, but after not being able to get forward momentum on a flat surface that was partially covered with thin ice, I knew I would have to get something better.

Today I put on the Blizzak LM-32 245/45R20 on all four corners of my 2014 Challenger SRT. Other than being a pretty expensive option, my initial reaction is very positive.

• Temp today is mid 30's, and it is very noticeable that this tire is made for these colder temps. While the F1's felt like skateboard wheels, the Blizzak's provide a much smoother, softer ride.
  • The LM-32's grip the cold pavement and seem to be very sticky. I just did some easy street driving and a few aggressive corners, but first look is positive.
  • I didn't hesitate to drive on packed snow - and I didn't have any problems navigating such conditions.
  • The ride is pretty quiet - I expected a loud winter tire sound, but surprisingly it is pretty quiet. Not as quiet as the F1's, but not noisy as expected.
  • These tires have a pretty nice, aggressive yet sporty look. This is why I went with the LM-32 on my factory 20's. I wanted to retain a clean look and not appear to be all winterish. The LM-32 is a pretty good looking tire from the side (I'll try to get some pics taken).
Overall, I'm pleased. Of course, these are initial impressions. Once I get some miles on them and see how they perform I'll give some additional feedback.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Once they break in a bit you might notice a slight whine at highway speeds. Nothing too bad, though.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Did you have these mounted on your stock wheels?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just wanted to chime in that I've had these LM32s on my stock Envy wheels now for two months and couldn't be happier. Definitely a bit more expensive, but with as much as I was sliding around last winter it is night and day with these. They will definitely still spin but I don't have a hopeless feeling like last year with the Firehawks. I can actually go up a slippery incline without fear any longer.

Have used now for two major snowfalls in Indiana. There is a slight whine at highway speed but nothing to complain about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts