Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this? Its blocking the access to the intake manifold bolt and I need to know what this is so that I cane research more on how to move it out of the way. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,110 Posts
alternately if the solenoid won't slide up - you can remove the bolt (looks like one of the intake manifold bolts secures that bracket.

if you're trying to re-torque the bolts, you'll want that out of the way and then finally re-install that bolt and torque it down to 108 in.lb. (9 ft.lb.) - I've used blue thread locker - mine's a Shaker, so there's a metal bracket that has to come out to access the intake manifold bolts...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alternately if the solenoid won't slide up - you can remove the bolt (looks like one of the intake manifold bolts secures that bracket.

if you're trying to re-torque the bolts, you'll want that out of the way and then finally re-install that bolt and torque it down to 108 in.lb. (9 ft.lb.) - I've used blue thread locker - mine's a Shaker, so there's a metal bracket that has to come out to access the intake manifold bolts...
Hmmm might be different for the RT. I see the bracket but it's bolted on with the same manifold bolt that I'm trying to torque lol. The solenoid doesn't slide up easily so I'll have to play around more and look more in depth

·
Super Moderator
17,110 Posts
Hmmm might be different for the RT. I see the bracket but it's bolted on with the same manifold bolt that I'm trying to torque lol. The solenoid doesn't slide up easily so I'll have to play around more and look more in depth
that's why I mentioned to remove it and move the solenoid, get all the others re-torqued, then put the bracket, solenoid and torque that bolt down. Its not the way the sequence for that one, but out of necessity that's the way it will have to go.

Or, torque in the sequence (without the solenoid / bracket) get all 10 torqued, remove that one bolt and then torque it down with the bracket (using thread locker for that final installation) since the gaskets will be compressed by the intake and the neighboring bolts.

Reactions: Hpsper87
1 - 5 of 5 Posts