Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,I have a 2012 392 and I am about to install a blower cam soon, along with a D1 procharger and forged pistons. I was just wondering how the tuning is going for cams in 392s? I was going to try and data log with Johan after install. Any problems with this? should I find a tuning shop with a dyno? " I live in STL and there are none close by" also any suggestions on best cam for blower set up? Thank you

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Craven Performance is the place to go for all things Hemi/tuning/builds/installs/etc

They're located in St. Charles, MO. They have a great reputation and have worked and tuned many modern Hemis. Ben Craven will hook you up.

Reactions: SRT8Line

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Johan would be fine.
Go easy on the motor with the start up tune he will send you, and data log and do a long cruz, twenty min or so., log start up, idle, , up hills down hills, ac on ac off, stop and go lights, some highway, No more than 4 or 5000rpm at wot, and send him the log. Next tune up he sends log, do same only get in the throttle more bring motor up higher, ect. Send in the log.
He send a tune back again. Takes a few sessions. Some times he hits it right off the very first hit. Depends how radical the cam is and the timing tables he uses to make it work without issues. IMO for a few hundred its well worth it.
Good Luck
FT

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johan would be fine.
Go easy on the motor with the start up tune he will send you, and data log and do a long cruz, twenty min or so., log start up, idle, , up hills down hills, ac on ac off, stop and go lights, some highway, No more than 4 or 5000rpm at wot, and send him the log. Next tune up he sends log, do same only get in the throttle more bring motor up higher, ect. Send in the log.
He send a tune back again. Takes a few sessions. Some times he hits it right off the very first hit. Depends how radical the cam is and the timing tables he uses to make it work without issues. IMO for a few hundred its well worth it.
Good Luck
FT
Thank you! I was wondering how it all worked. I think I will get a wide band and boost to monitor everything. Hopefully I will be fine. I am just worried about my baby with only 8k miles.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
It is a MUST to have a wideband when tuning a FI setup. Johan can get blower psi by your pid you log. Take the PID map reading and minus PID baro reading what it = that gives you how much psi the blower makes at any given rpm in the log file. Just a little math.
FlatTop

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a MUST to have a wideband when tuning a FI setup. Johan can get blower psi by your pid you log. Take the PID map reading and minus PID baro reading what it = that gives you how much psi the blower makes at any given rpm in the log file. Just a little math.
FlatTop
Yea, I am going to go with the aem boost and wide band gauge. I'm just trying to find a gauge pod to put in the ac vents for a 2012

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Do yourself a favor and while you are running the wires for the boost and arf gauge run your wires to wire up to your trinity to monitor arf. I should have done it when I had it all apart and went back and did it later and it was a pain.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts