Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC/Heat blower doesn't run when it's set to high. It runs on all other settings. Should I just replace the motor which is located in the glove box area?

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Very likely to be the controls module in the dash. My '10's went out about a year and a half ago.

The connector area on the module had "distorted" form heat/amperage going through it, and it stopped working on two settings.

Replaced under warranty, but I think the module costs about $80, if you're doing it yourself.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's not the motor for sure. If it was the motor it wouldn't work on any speeds.

If my be the control head or could be the blower motor resistor. Start looking at the blower motor resistor first and look there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very likely to be the controls module in the dash. My '10's went out about a year and a half ago.

The connector area on the module had "distorted" form heat/amperage going through it, and it stopped working on two settings.

Replaced under warranty, but I think the module costs about $80, if you're doing it yourself.
Anyway to test to see if this is the issue? Maybe I can get the part at a local parts store.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
You'll have to pull the module out of the dash and check the area where the wiring connects to the module.

Mine was all distorted/melted, but the wiring was OK.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
The blower switch is a bad design. Don't ever try to set it between the detents thinking it is continuously variable. Also they should have used a high blower relay like the old cars instead of running all that current through the switch and circuit board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts