Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 345 (5.7L) Challenger R/T Plus
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blower motor in my 2016 Challenger R/T Plus has been buzzing for a couple of months now, it also throttles on speed and power even when I keep it on the same fan setting. I suspected at first when it was only buzzing that there was a leaf or something suck in the fan, but then it started to produce less power than at first. I am trying to take a look at it before I purchase a new one to replace it. But, there are absolutely ZERO videos or explanations as to how to access it online. I was genuinely surprised, if anyone can tell me how to get to it or perhaps diagnose the problem I would be very grateful!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts

2016> Dodge> Challenger> Repair> Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning> MOTOR, Blower

This is for earlier models, but should be very similar

Good luck

A Guy

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help man, I have to say I think there is a different way to access it for models '16 and up but I will try to access it this afternoon and let you know how it works out. Btw I see you literally everywhere giving great answers on this forum, thanks for giving great answers!

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
The Chilton info was for a 2016

A Guy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chilton was a great help, but a little difficult to see exactly what they were referencing, for future readers, basically take the door trim out, the side-dash with the vent that connect to the door comes out, all of the screws attaching to the entire glove box come out. Then, you pop out the glove box (there are some snaps that come undone when you pull, I thought it was a screw I missed deep inside the dash, but its was just a snap same as the trim). Then, when you go to take out the blower motor you need a star screwdriver, I also spent 30 minutes trying to figure out what in the hell kind of head it was. I hope this helps anyone with the same problem! Here are some pictures to help:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I’m new to the page & I was looking for this exact issue! Did you ever diagnose & get to the issue or just replaced the complete blower motor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts