Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who in there right mind would buy a blower that has limited power making capabilty just because it has a warranty?
Blowers are for making power big power. When you buy a blower and feel the power the first thing you want is more power.
So why would you spend thousands of dollars on a blower knowing it will only make limited power.
When you spend all your money on a blower that makes limited power and your maxed out, then you want more power.
Good luck selling it to buy a new one that makes unlimited power.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Listen everyone. If you want to blow your engine up, buy a KB. Unless you want to buy an engine too when you buy it. Then you can spend 25k instead. Or buy good ole' Maggie who is just as fast at less bosst out of the box as the KB. Oh, and you also don't need a custom made box from another vendor to make it driveable.....LMAO!

Talk is cheap. Where are those Damn KB 6spd times?

·
Registered
50 Posts
who in there right mind would buy a blower that has limited power making capabilty just because it has a warranty?
Blowers are for making power big power. When you buy a blower and feel the power the first thing you want is more power.
So why would you spend thousands of dollars on a blower knowing it will only make limited power.
When you spend all your money on a blower that makes limited power and your maxed out, then you want more power.
Good luck selling it to buy a new one that makes unlimited power.
Are you upset you didn't buy a Procharger so you can run 9's like [email protected]?

It's okay. I'm sure you can find somebody to buy that KB.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Listen everyone. If you want to blow your engine up, buy a KB. Unless you want to buy an engine too when you buy it. Then you can spend 25k instead. Or buy good ole' Maggie who is just as fast at less bosst out of the box as the KB. Oh, and you also don't need a custom made box from another vendor to make it driveable.....LMAO!

Talk is cheap. Where are those Damn KB 6spd times?
you'll come around when the weather changes you'll see
talk is cheap but the numbers don't lie. go read the 10 second club, all 4 kenne bell

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, and I don't really have a dog in this fight since I have a Techco, but John does keep this forum hopping. I can barely keep up when he is on here.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
someone has to keep everyone amused till spring comes

·
Banned
642 Posts
Wow, have read alot of these interesting threads. First off I want to apoligize to my KB brethren. I am not happy with my time and only had one day to run this car (actually 4 runs) before mother nature kicked in with snow here in Michigan. So I get to listen to all the maggie guys rag on the KB slow times and there is not a darn thing I can do to go out and run this car again.

I can promise you maggie guys one thing, my 6 speed KB will run at least 2 and maybe 3 tenths faster than what I have posted come spring time when I get a few more runs under my belt with a 100% totally stock engine.

The reason I say this (and not to make excuses) but I am running stock axles and was not coming out of the hole hard since the slicks seriously hook up. I also was driving into a 25mph headwind that day (ya I know what your going to say but it was a really bad day weather wise but I had to try out the slicks).

With DR's on a normal day on the same track I saw 119mph trap speeds but with my slicks on the windy day the best I coulld muster was 116.8. There is more there just ran out of time to prove it.

Anyway, the first nice day in Spring I will be out at Milan to show you Maggie guys what a KB can really do.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the slow cars will always rag on the fast cars, because thats all they can do

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
736 Posts
As soon as I see the timeslip for the stock KB auto run (11.7 I think), I will beat it when the track opens with my Maggie, and proper wheels. Oh, and with a pound less of boost too!!! Cannot wait. My god it is going to be loud in here when that happens!

·
Banned
642 Posts
As soon as I see the slip for the stock KB auto (11.7 I think), I will beat it as swhen the track opens with my Maggie, and wheels. Oh, and with a lb less of boost too!!! Cannot wait. My god it is going to be loud in here when that happens!
You were so excited when you wrote this that I am not really sure I understand what you are saying. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
736 Posts
As soon as I see the timeslip for the stock KB auto run (11.7 I think), I will beat it when the track opens with my Maggie, and proper wheels. Oh, and with a pound less of boost too!!! Cannot wait. My god it is going to be loud in here when that happens!
No disrespect to you T/A. You are representing. I am just pointing out that all 6spds are having issues contrary to what some believe. Also, that the two blowers in stock form are not much different....Also, you were right! I typed that way too fast the first time!

·
Banned
642 Posts
No disrespect to you T/A. You are representing. I am just pointing out that all 6spds are having issues contrary to what some believe. Also, that the two blowers in stock form are not much different....Also, you were right! I typed that way too fast the first time!
You are 100% right. I would always expect an auto car to be faster but that is the extra challenge I like with the manual (plus I am just partial to manuals in this car, but that is just me). As far as the blowers being comparable, they probably are but I just enjoy all of the jabbing back and forth. At least for me it is all in good fun and makes the heads up runs at the drag strip that much more interesting.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts