Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the climate control selection knob is not working. AC indicator LED is on. Blowing hot heat. Any suggestions?? First time using heater this season, would not regulate temperature back to cooler setting...

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,623 Posts
I think the climate control selection knob is not working. AC indicator LED is on. Blowing hot heat. Any suggestions?? First time using heater this season, would not regulate temperature back to cooler setting...
Temperature is set all the way to cold, correct?

I know that if temperature is set to hot, the a/c can be engaged but the hot air will overpower the cold air and the air from vents will come out hot.

Beyond that, it sounds like a blend door malfunction. If blend door is stuck in heater position, it’s overpowering cold air and blowing hot.

If you switch between floor and vents in dash, can you hear the blend doors behind the dash moving back and forth?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will blow floor vents and front vents when I change the setting but still blows hot heater air.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,623 Posts
It will blow floor vents and front vents when I change the setting but still blows hot heater air.
can you hear the a/c compressor kick on/off when you engage the a/c button and turn it off?

im guessing it’s working too, the problem is likely that the system isn’t blocking off the heater core passage, allowing the hot air to mix in and overpower any cold air from a/c.

that’s a bear to fix too, if it requires accessing those blend doors behind dash...there could be some B### codes stored in the BCM or PCM that would help in troubleshooting this, but they aren’t normally retrievable without a StarScan Tool like the dealership will have.

you may have to punt and take it in to the dealership to get it diagnosed at least. You don’t have to pay them to fix it necessarily, but at least get them to figure out the problem and then go from there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike, was hoping to not have to take to dealer, but it is what it is, maybe they can at least isolate which part needs to be replaced for the temperature control..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts