Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Yesterday I received the drop in forged Mahle pistons and Molnar rods from Modern Muscle Extreme. The car gets shipped to Hawaii on the 25th of this month. After it arrives, I'm going to install them so I can up the boost to 10 to 12 psi. I'm aiming for 700 - 750 rwhp.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Yes we do have them in oversize. However just because someone is over th recommended mileage doesn't mean they need an oversize. Just means the bores need to be inspected more.
I have seen 100k mile blocks look nearly new, and 40k blocks look like 200k miles if you know what I mean.

I totally get your drift! I plan on using my bore gauge and checking all of the cylinders. Hopefully they are
all clean and well within tolerance and I'll just stick with the standard bore drop in's if it all checks out.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Yesterday I received the drop in forged Mahle pistons and Molnar rods from Modern Muscle Extreme. The car gets shipped to Hawaii on the 25th of this month. After it arrives, I'm going to install them so I can up the boost to 10 to 12 psi. I'm aiming for 700 - 750 rwhp.

That's my next steps as well. Nice box of goodies ya got there! :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Shall be doing the bottom end this August using drop in`s and rods getting all parts together and looking forward to it, going to give it a few hundred miles just to bed them in and check all is ok then the E-Force is going on

·
Registered
2016 Challenger ScatPack Shaker 6.4L
1 Posts
What would need beyond Pistons and Rods to be in the safe range to go to say 10psi boost?

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
What would need beyond Pistons and Rods to be in the safe range to go to say 10psi boost?
Mahle Drop in Pistons
Molnar Billet Rods
Rod Bearings
Head Gaskets
Water Pump Gaskets
Larger Fuel Injectors
Upgraded In Tank Pump
Head Bolts

Did I miss anything???

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Ha I made this post awhile ago people still replying to it and that's great. I installed that mmx kit as well kirks. With that I did the hellcat lifters mmx 1 piece push rods and ordered the main bearings. Now I got the old eforce 2300 which is a very good blower hearty but has problems with high iats made a few posts about it I also had to run whipple xd hx and emp reprogrammed water pump put me to 676 whp 635 rwt made a few posts with dyno numbers on each stage. Was thinking about adding mmx grind cam, fore dual pump fuel system port eforce eliminates iat problem , and bigger crank pulley for sc belt dont want to go smaller than 2.75 so u dont get belt slip

61 - 72 of 72 Posts