Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The blue o-ring on my IAT sensor has broken off. It goes into my cold air intake. There's still plenty of a seal in that rubber grommet. Should I replace the sensor to get that new o-ring or should I be okay with out?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
You should be able to buy an o-ring at any hardware store. It doesn't have to be blue.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did a search and found out the blue o-ring is not needed for the aftermarket CAI as the rubber grommet creates the seal.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
A new IAT sensor is less than $5.00 (or at least it was when I got the long IAT to replace my original stubby one). Forget the o-ring and just buy a whole new sensor.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A new IAT sensor is less than $5.00 (or at least it was when I got the long IAT to replace my original stubby one). Forget the o-ring and just buy a whole new sensor.
My situation turned worse. Had a MIL come up. Now it's the IAT sensor grommet. There is one supplied by aFE and that one is torn in half. I have to now call parts stores and see if they have this particular piece. Or I could get one from aFE but that would take days to get here. It was a P0113 code.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Ya jay just go to a lowes or hardware store take the original with ya an size one up. Or go to a hydraulic shop bet they have them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya jay just go to a lowes or hardware store take the original with ya an size one up. Or go to a hydraulic shop bet they have them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the help. Yeah I literally tried almost all the auto parts stores, they didn't have anything that matched. I will call aFE today and see if they can overnight me the grommets, if not I will try Lowes or a hardware store. Not sure what hydraulic shop is in my area but I'll look around.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Harbor Freight. Get an assortment of 1000?????? for $10.00. You'll never be in need for an o-ring again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts