Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just traded my 09 se for a 10 rt white no stripes and blk cloth interior. a blank canvas and was wanting opinions. do you guys think it will look ok with the blue colored stripes just like the 392srt. just wondering. thanks

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
here is a pic of my Stone White RT with blue stripes

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
That blue on white looks so fine.

Dave, your stripe is fantastic. I like how it thinner than the others. I would like to do mine in white on the Torred. I can't decide to go above like yours or below like the Mopar 10. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thanks guys those look amazing. I was leaning toward doing it and now i will for sure do it.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
white and blue look great together. i think you'll be happy.

to the owner of the car with the blue stripes and black spoiler, my only change i would make is paint the spoiler and have the stripes go over it. i think it would give it a more finished look. JMO though!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am of the opinion that a white R/T would look fantastic with the R/T classic side stripes in blue. If I end up getting a white classic, that is what I plan on doing.

If you do the blue stripes, post up some pics so we can see it's awesomeness!

:guiness:

·
Registered
585 Posts
someone near me just purchased a white r/t and installed the blue stripes from ridergrapix. car looked awesome and he saved himself over 20 grand for a car that looks just like the IE 392.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
im always against anyone trying to make a lower model look like a higher model...its not as bad as putting SRT tags on your car, but in a way your trying to copy a IE392 when its not.

Id stick with the RT side stripes and Blue would look great.....i think the side stripes look awesome on a Challenger....leave the dual hood stripes to the IE392

dont copy my seats either

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Yeah, I don't think stripes make the model. Badging is a different story.

·
Registered
607 Posts
im always against anyone trying to make a lower model look like a higher model...its not as bad as putting SRT tags on your car, but in a way your trying to copy a IE392 when its not.

Id stick with the RT side stripes and Blue would look great.....i think the side stripes look awesome on a Challenger....leave the dual hood stripes to the IE392

dont copy my seats either
He should be able to do whatever he wants. Putting blue stripes on at R/T or SE doesn't make it a IE. He isn't trying to be an IE either, it just looks good and that's all that matters when it comes down to it. If you feel threatened about it, then just beat them off the line, like you would. But there is nothing wrong with putting those blue stripes on a white challenger.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
He should be able to do whatever he wants. Putting blue stripes on at R/T or SE doesn't make it a IE. He isn't trying to be an IE either, it just looks good and that's all that matters when it comes down to it. If you feel threatened about it, then just beat them off the line, like you would. But there is nothing wrong with putting those blue stripes on a white challenger.
no it doesnt make it an IE, but it makes 99% of people think it is when driving by....the IE exists and anyone who now puts the same blue stripes on a white Challenger is copying it(on some level)...not the same as badging it a IE392, but at least 25% there since one of the main things that makes an IE is those stripes

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will not lie in the fact that i like the look of those stripes on the 392. So i guess you can say i will be copying that look. If it offends anyone with a 392 get over yourself.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts