Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally put both of our phones on Bluetooth. If we are in the car together, can either of us get a call on Bluetooth?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I don't think so; the car must choose one or the other. Even new mercedes' don't have that feature as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
You pick the priority of the phone when you pair it. The highest priority phone wins the pairing if both are in the car.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My phone has been paired since 2008. Last Monday, we were at the dealership where we purchased the Challenger. I then had the salesman pair Patty's phone to the car. It was priority #2. I tried to call her today while she was in the Challenger, and Bluetooth didn't work. Last Monday it worked at the dealership. What could be wrong?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Was her phone turned on ? Just askin'.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
My phone has been paired since 2008. Last Monday, we were at the dealership where we purchased the Challenger. I then had the salesman pair Patty's phone to the car. It was priority #2. I tried to call her today while she was in the Challenger, and Bluetooth didn't work. Last Monday it worked at the dealership. What could be wrong?
We just paired some new phones and learned some things. Both were Androids and both worked differently. Bottom line the problem we had with one phone was it asked for permission on both the pairing and phone book down load. There was also a check box for "Don't ask this again". Not looking at the phone, we didn't see to check the box, so the next time it wanted the same permission before connecting. After checking the boxes, it works fine now.

Also until you are sure the phone pairing is stable, just hit the call button and the radio will reply with the name of phone and ready if it is working. If I'm expecting an important call, I do this because - well I distrust equipment...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In other words, if we are both in the car with our phones; and both phones are paired to the car; can either phone receive an incoming call on Bluetooth?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts