Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm a new owner of the 2012 SRt8 base model with the 430 radio RBZ & unconnect. I'm hoping someone could help me find out if there's any tweaking necessary for the Bluetooth sound To improve because I don't find it acceptable based on people on the other Side of the phone call because they said I sound far away & tiney. Is there anything that can be done to improve this? Is there anyone else out there that has experienced this bad microphone pick up performance etc.?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes I already did the tutorial and of course there are some challenges at recognizing who I'm trying to call w/the pronunciation, People say I'm not coming through clearly and it cuts out intermittently As well as sounding far away.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It may be from your phone. Most phones have equalizer settings on them. When you combine this with the equalizer settings on your car stereo its to much filtering on the audio stream and sounds "tiny"

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx Gator, I'm using an Iphone5, I wasn't aware that there were equalization parameters within the phone that I could control ! I'll see if I can find them, anyone else???

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
on my current vehicle the SYNC can never understand voice commands from me so I have to use my phone to dial most of the time although no one has complained about volume or clarity on the other end... I know you know better... but my experience has been windows/sunroof closed for best results.

where is the microphone for voice, rear view mirror? anyone know?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would start by ruling out the phone. Pretty simple to do by briefly borrowing a phone, pairing it and making a call. If you get the same result I would go after the mic next, I can't remember if you an see the actual mic in the rearview or just a little hole for it but see if you can, perhaps it wasn't attached securely and has dropped back in to the mirror body. That would probably sound distant and tinny. If that's not it get a can of compressed air, like for cleaning computer keyboards, and blast the mic to see if their is something blocking it.

If none of that worked, I'd probably just let the dealer sort it out on your first visit for a free oil change.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had the same problem until I realized that the microphone is on the top of the mirror.

I adjusted the mirror down so it had some gap between it and the headliner. Ergo, problem solved.

Hope it is this simple for you too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts