Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following this guy on Youtube for a while. He's very knowledgeable about our cars and has the best 0-60 time I've ever seen. Recently he installed and tested a set of BMR trailing arms. They are only $100, and it looks like it helped a lot with wheel hop. Anybody else try these? I may order a set...

Testing:
https://youtu.be/Z5kiwEEI_MA

Install:
https://youtu.be/uYjLY6tuW5M

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I put a set of these on when I redid my suspension this year. They were fast to ship, look very well made and I'm happy with them. Don't think they will cure all wheel hop for you by themselves though, only way to do that is get rid of the rubber cradle bushings, but they will help.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I'll order a set and try them out...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Are you planning on keeping the stock bushing that is pressed in the hub? The stock bushings are awfully soft. I bought a bushing kit from whiteline that replaces both bushings, just waiting for warmer weather to install. Thanks for the links BTW.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Are you planning on keeping the stock bushing that is pressed in the hub? The stock bushings are awfully soft. I bought a bushing kit from whiteline that replaces both bushings, just waiting for warmer weather to install. Thanks for the links BTW.
You are correct they are really soft. I replaced mine with the Whiteline ones also.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
BMR is actually working on a more comprehensive solution for wheel hop in our Challengers. Not ready yet so I’m going with the trailing arms for now as well. Waiting for them to be in stock.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,140 Posts
Thanks for posting those up.

That's a pretty good price for those too.

When I had my old C5 Vette, peeps complained about the "Vette Tax" on mods (price goes up because it's being installed on a Vette instead of an F-Body), but I'm finding Mopar stuff is even higher priced!

I'd actually consider this a good deal for what it does.

·
Registered
418 Posts
They now have adjustable upper rear bars. Priced very good to me. I like those trailing arms...........

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are the Whiteline bushings for the trailing arm, or the cradle? Got a link for them?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Are the Whiteline bushings for the trailing arm, or the cradle? Got a link for them?
There's a Whiteline bushing for both. The one we were talking about is for the trailing arm where it attaches to the hub.

It's the set at the top of that picture.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Bushings replacement is a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You need a bushing press to get them out. I got a simple one off of Amazon for about $100. But he's right they can be a PITA so just be prepared
How easy is that bushing to replace? Bought the BMR trailing arms and the bushing on amazon for $17 also. Just wondering how to replace it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You need a bushing press to get them out. I got a simple one off of Amazon for about $100. But he's right they can be a PITA so just be prepared

Is it possible to do while on the car?

·
Registered
392 Posts
BMR makes quality parts, they were big with the Mustang crowd when I owned one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
+1 on BMR. I recently installed on-car adjustable upper rear control arms and trailing arms from BMR and they are very well made. Got mine powder coated..fast shipping...just a great company. I had some camber issues since my car is lowered but now it's taking care of.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts