Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading to VA from Ill. Going through Kentucky on I 64, I was cruising along at about 77 in a 70. We all know those Cops are just looking for our pretty girls to pull over. lol Well, any as I was cruisin, this car goes by me, then he slows down next to me, speeds up, slows down. See where this is going. Well after a few minutes of this snot nose punk in his BMW doin this S#$t, I was getting a little feed up. I goosed my girl and it was on. I stayed at 77, I really wanted to teach this punk a lesson. so he sped off. I gave him 10 - 15 car lead, then I just down shifted and let her eat.... She ate!!!
Within a matter of seconds I went by him at about 150+. That was all she wrote. He quit!! lol Didn't want anymore. He stayed waaaayy back. Hope he learned his lesson. She may be a Beauty, but she is also a Beast under the hood!!
I have also snacked on mustangs, nissans and a few knuckle heads in trucks!
She"s like a snake, piss her off, she gonna bite.
Lets hear some more!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A BMW could mean anything from a glacially slow 4cyl Z3 to a V10 M6. The latter would mean the other driver was asleep.

·
Registered
574 Posts
i love racing bwms

they think theyre cars r fast and then they get smoked by a car that costs half

PS i hate bwms with a passion, over priced pieces of crap

I had a 5 series riding my ass while i was making a turn, i was the first at the light and when the light went green i started to go and noticed this guy was right on me, so as soon as i finished the turn i moved over to the right lane and he gunned it to get past me. right as he was lined up with me i stomped the hammar down and just left him behind.

he stop trying to get ahead of after that and i went back to cruising speed... POS

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I had a BMW M5 take me -- he had +15 horsepower and much lighter. we traded specs at the next light and learned he races his (should have noticed the racing seats and 5 point harneses).

Otherwise, most mustang GTs (2000 - 2009 -- non GT500) and below haven't matched me in a light-to-light race (I won't race with any traffic on the road). Taken a number of Charger SRTs too.

Had a Mazda3 try ... nice little engine he had with the turbos and all ... still left him. Haven't had any Camaro's signal their intent though.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Obviously the other car was a BMW M series. If it was, you would have had some series competition on your hands.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Someone is misinformed. BMW makes some GREAT automobiles. I love my challenger AND BMW.
over priced mediocre cars with uninspiring designs... they just seem like VERY expensive mediocre cars to me.

Granted there is obviously fast and good looking ones... but they cost 3 times more than a car that is just as fast and MUCH better looking so why bother.

would never buy one. only my opinion of course

·
Registered
5 Posts
IDK I think my BMW M Coupe is a pretty inspired design. It based at a couple grand more than a loaded SRT8 new and I would not be too afraid if a Chally wanted play catch. 0-60 comes up at 4.9 so the 392 has a couple tenths of a second on it. It will comfortably do 170 with the limiter is defeated. It has a 3.2 IL6 with 330 hp @ 262 lb-ft, reds @ 7900 rpm and is over 1000 lbs lighter than a Challenger. It will out handle just about anything this side of a Porsche Cayman S and I can easily get 27 MPG on the HWY. The fit and finish is impeccable. I'm not baggin' on Challengers because I love the Challenger but there really is no comparison between the two when it comes to build quality and all around performance.

What I like about the Challenger is it's not trying to be anything but a muscle car and that is the allure for me anyway. I find the SRT8 is actually more fun to drive on the street because the grip threshold is much lower and I like to toss my cars around. The Challenger also sounds and feels great. The Z4M can't be driven to it's potential on the public roads and even though the BMW IL6 is in the opinion of many one of the greatest engines of all time it will always sound like an angry weed-wacker to me. I really have the most fun with it when it gets to do what it does best and that is be tossed around a racetrack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts