Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on here. So i'm posting. I'm gonna be getting a Dodge Challenger in April-May. DEbating over 2010 vs 2011 and R/T vs SRT8. My max budget is about $35K. MAX.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum. with that budget you can rule out an 11 SRT. From what I hear It just depends on what you want on the car. You can get a 11 RT without much on it or a low mileage 10 loaded.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
see my post of the TOXIC Orange R/T......It has a Sticker of $33K and some change.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm new on here. So i'm posting. I'm gonna be getting a Dodge Challenger in April-May. DEbating over 2010 vs 2011 and R/T vs SRT8. My max budget is about $35K. MAX.
I was able to order my 6speed 2011 Classic package R/T with Super Track Pack and upgraded stereo for 34k... Still waiting on it, feels like an eternity, even though its just now a month

I was originally looking for a 2010 SRT8 cause I heard you could get them 10k off, but after circles of haggling wasn't able to get more than 6K off, and they only had automatics... I had to have a manual.

When it came down to it I was giving up 40-50 whp, but gaining quite a bit of mpg's. This is a daily driver for me. I can always add a few bolt ons and make up the hp difference.

·
Registered
389 Posts
$35K - you should be able to get a well optioned R/T. Definitely go with the Super Track pack - it will handle nicely with that upgrade package.

·
Registered
408 Posts
What year / model of BMW do you part with ? It must've been more than 35k so you need to factor that in your expectations..

Btw, I was told Popular Mechanics tested the IE392 with an M3 and liked the IE392 better. You may want to read that article.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What year / model of BMW do you part with ? It must've been more than 35k so you need to factor that in your expectations..

Btw, I was told Popular Mechanics tested the IE392 with an M3 and liked the IE392 better. You may want to read that article.
I am leasing a 2008 BMW 328i. Lease ends 4/2011. 3 years and nothing to show for it. So no more leasing for me. I'd rather have a car with some character than blend in with the rest in a BMW. So in a sense i have no trade-in to work with.

I was debating on going new vs used. 2010 vs 2011. but what i'm thinking is by April-May 2011 i'll be able to scoop up a nice new 2011 R/T for about $35k.. if i have to go to 36/37k i can do it, but looking for that great buy.

Just saw a used 2010 R/T Black at CarMax with 5k miles for $30k. Come April/May if there's a deal like that on a used 2010 i might jump on it. I'm assuming i can grab one for about $28k 2010 fully loaded R/T. Then have some fun with add-ons.

One thing i know for sure, there will always be a 2011 waiting for me at the dealer. But i'm pretty set on getting one of these bad boys.

The SRT mention was only due to what i've read on here of people finding dealers giving away -$10k off of sticker. If i run into a $37k SRT i might just have to jump on that one too.

Gonna be a long 2-3 months but it's gonna be worth it. I'll be lurkin… :alf:

·
Registered
389 Posts
There's nothing like the feel of a powerful V8 when you put your foot into it. Even at idle, these cars feel very powerful - on the road, its pure pleasure. BMW makes a great sport sedan - but the raw power feel of that HEMI in my view is intoxicating, and certainly addictive - you just want to drive it all the time. Good luck with your search for the right Challenger for you!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just saw this original post from me.. back in February.. now i'm a proud owner of an R/T Classic :) Glad to be a part of this cool community.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sweet man, glad it all worked out for you...congrats and welcome !! :thumbsup:
So, how close did you come to your original plan?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
photo's maybe?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Where are you located? If you are in So Cal, I just recieved an email from Orange Coast Dodge in Costa Mesa that all remaining 2010 SRT8's are discounted 10K and you dont have to qualify for any rebates.

·
Registered
124 Posts
As a BMW owner, you will want the 2011 with the super track pak. That brings the car as close to handling as you are used to.

I got my 2011 Black R/T w/leather, 6 speed, 20" wheels, super track pak, and the touch screen stereo for like $34.5k out the door (tax, title, license included).

Just avoid the 2009's if you care about the warranty. The 100k powertrain is non-transferrable that year, but it is on 2010 and 2011's.

Edit: Just saw you got it, congrats. Black R/T classic is amazing looking. What color are your stripes?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here she is gentlemen:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Looks great. I thought you wanted a stick though? I think it looks great in black. If you want to really off set it, you could switch the side stripes to red or white. Just a suggestion. I am going through the decision process of changing my white side stripes to black. My car is Hemi Orange. I think the white stripes look awesome on dark colors.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Nice rims!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts