2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A Guy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not too different from the stuff that could be unlocked with tazer

The 17 scatpack doesn’t have eco mode, easy exit seat adjustments and stuff it’s in there but not unlocked I guess

But seems kinda dumb heated seats and their version of adaptive cruise (it’s better since it has stop and go ) being locked into subscriptions

I’m sure someone will make a hack to unlock it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Hmm so basically every car will be built with all comfort options (Engine and Trans options will vary). Sounds simple from an assembly standpoint, all they need now is some color change technology and you pretty much build 1 car.
Now if you could subscribe to turn a N/A 5.7L into a Hellcat motor after purchase.....

·
Registered
813 Posts
Great idea to whoever thought of this. It will change the industry as another way to make $$$. Sort of like video games. You buy the game. Now you have to pay for the upgrades. A $50 game end up to be $300 easy.

As much as l like this idea, I don't like it.

On my Honda, there are features (parts) that are in my car, but does not work because I have the lower trim. It's frustrating to know that it can, but can't.

I'm willing to "pay for" the features I want. And not pay for the ones I don't want.

·
Super Moderator
15,745 Posts
its the approach Tesla has with their models - if you want the higher end features, you pay the upgrade / software license for it.

Then again, you're paying a lot of $$$ already for even the base Tesla models

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,864 Posts
its the approach Tesla has with their models - if you want the higher end features, you pay the upgrade / software license for it.

Then again, you're paying a lot of $$$ already for even the base Tesla models
I was thinking the same thing Hal. I believe that they were the first to do it too.

It's a smart business move for the manufacturer though because if you want something later on, they just take your money and unlock it because it's already there, just disabled.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Features working on new car for free trial, until people get hooked, then "OK, pay up"

A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts