Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
it appears that its under the dash, left of the steering column

the drawing I ran across looks like its just a bit above the parking brake mechanism to the right. There's multiple cable connectors running to it. Looks like it lies oriented so that you're looking at the flat face of the module.

The lower silencer panel would be removed first and then you can see what components are there.

The TCM (trans) and radio amplifier modules are turned edge-wise and they are oriented towards the driver more (they are also to the left of the steering column.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,715 Posts
it appears that its under the dash, left of the steering column

the drawing I ran across looks like its just a bit above the parking brake mechanism to the right. There's multiple cable connectors running to it. Looks like it lies oriented so that you're looking at the flat face of the module.

The lower silencer panel would be removed first and then you can see what components are there.

The TCM (trans) and radio amplifier modules are turned edge-wise and they are oriented towards the driver more (they are also to the left of the steering column.
To the OP: I just happened to be futzing around in this very area of my 2010 Challenger recently and took some pics for reference purposes. Here's one that shows the whole area referenced by @Hal_H and all attached 'modules' (which is only one on mine):

If the BCM is in this location, I'm guessing the red arrow points to it.

I will say that when I installed a Tranzformer on my 2011, I tapped into a module in this same location, though I cannot say for sure if it was that particular module in the pic. If it was, then that would be the TCM I guess. But if that is the TCM, where is the BCM?

Unfortunately I cannot answer any of those questions with any real confidence. But if I had to guess, I'd say that module being pointed at by the red arrow is the BCM, in a 2010 Challenger anyway.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
To the OP: I just happened to be futzing around in this very area of my 2010 Challenger recently and took some pics for reference purposes. Here's one that shows the whole area referenced by @Hal_H and all attached 'modules' (which is only one on mine):

If the BCM is in this location, I'm guessing the red arrow points to it.

I will say that when I installed a Tranzformer on my 2011, I tapped into a module in this same location, though I cannot say for sure if it was that particular module in the pic. If it was, then that would be the TCM I guess. But if that is the TCM, where is the BCM?

Unfortunately I cannot answer any of those questions with any real confidence. But if I had to guess, I'd say that module being pointed at by the red arrow is the BCM, in a 2010 Challenger anyway.
Nuke - thanks for finding an image - that red arrow is pointing to the TCM.

Notice that flat black color module toward the firewall (just left of the TCM) that has a light color connector? That's likely the BCM.

Most of the images I found were line drawings and kind of generic (for wire harnesses).

On a model that has the higher option audio, the amplifier would be alongside the TCM and they tend to be silver in color - for reference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the picture. I have a good idea where to look.
I get this DTC Description Lost Communication With Body Control Module "A" when I run the heater.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts