Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by Bondurant last week to get additional info on the SRTE for this year. Looks like the SRTE will be ~20 person groups. Auto crossing, Accident avoidance, Skid control, that'll be the day. Don't yet know if all those events will be in the 392 or with different cars. These will be held on weekends.

The alternate option is to take the 392 Challenger High Perf driving course. Your SRT credit can be applied for one day, you'll have to purchase days 2 & 3 if you choose, however you can do just the one day (which I may do). Those classes will be held during the week in small groups of 5, so the instruction is very personal (see the attach PDF). Similar events to the Weekend SRT Experience, except much more focused and driving only the 392 SRT.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the weekday 392 driving course, because I feel that would give me more skills that will stick with me rather than some quick jaunts around the track, and it's nice to have that choice now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Interesting. Went to the srt experience last year with the purchase of my scat pack.

Looking forward to doing one of the new events with the credit from my hellcat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
468 Posts
Interesting. Went to the srt experience last year with the purchase of my scat pack.

Looking forward to doing one of the new events with the credit from my hellcat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

They let you do it because you bought a SP or you purchased the experience. I ask because my salesman said it was included with my SP purchase but SRT told me no. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
Originally the Scat Packs were allowed because of an SRT snafu, they were just looking at the J (392) engine code in the VIN when you registered but didn't realize that the digit before (F) meant Scat Pack, SRT 392 cars have a (D) in this position. Once it was figured out, they pulled the experience for Scat Pack owners but honored the commitment to those accepted in error.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Originally the Scat Packs were allowed because of an SRT snafu, they were just looking at the J (392) engine code in the VIN when you registered but didn't realize that the digit before (F) meant Scat Pack, SRT 392 cars have a (D) in this position. Once it was figured out, they pulled the experience for Scat Pack owners but honored the commitment to those accepted in error.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
Stopped by Bondurant last week to get additional info on the SRTE for this year. Looks like the SRTE will be ~20 person groups. Auto crossing, Accident avoidance, Skid control, that'll be the day. Don't yet know if all those events will be in the 392 or with different cars. These will be held on weekends.

The alternate option is to take the 392 Challenger High Perf driving course. Your SRT credit can be applied for one day, you'll have to purchase days 2 & 3 if you choose, however you can do just the one day (which I may do). Those classes will be held during the week in small groups of 5, so the instruction is very personal (see the attach PDF). Similar events to the Weekend SRT Experience, except much more focused and driving only the 392 SRT.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the weekday 392 driving course, because I feel that would give me more skills that will stick with me rather than some quick jaunts around the track, and it's nice to have that choice now.
Wow, that gets expensive quick! It would seem that the old SRT Experience offered a little better bang for the buck. While the old experience didn't really offer any type of instruction you atleast got to turn a few laps around an actual track. Then there was autocross and drag racing. I would imagine with those prices you would be pretty good a driving your Challenger. Even though it wouldn't be all that useful if you never really tracked your car. Nice pics though to see Vipers just hanging out in abundance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I haven't registered yet, but the May class looks like the perfect bday present. Luckily, I live in Tucson, so no major travel. Looking forward to teaching this old dog a new trick or two. Should be fun.

Oh, and no drag racing. Not sure why, but it may be NHRA being fussy about the rubber? Or maybe BB doesn't want to risk blown motors? Who knows. If you go before me, post up the reason.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm registered for November. I was going to do the SRT experience, but found out that the upgrade to the 2 day course gives you much more time on the track each day with smaller class sizes. You get a $1000 credit towards the class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
chuck2355
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing