Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What should my next mod be?

Well its getting about that time of year when I have a little extra money to drop into the car (as well as I figure a lot of you are also) and to start thinking what I want to do.

But I'm undecided on what route to go so I come to you for opinions. I like that way the car sits and looks to don't feel I need any exterior upgrades at the moment.

Current mods are in my sig. Been kicking around the idea of Magnaflow mid pipes to match up with my Flowmaster cat back. Also been looking into the Kooks LT headers. But with it being an SRT with a good set of headers from the factory how much is there really to gain in that area?

Might go more suspension this year maybe the Mopar rear strut brace to match the front and a good set of front and rear sway bars. What are you 392 SRT guys using for sway bars?

And I have been kicking around the idea of nitrous...I know I know that general feelings of nitrous around here are bad. I have used nitrous on a lot of my cars and never had any issues. Nitrous is just a safe as a turbo or supercharger is used correctly. But if I do nitrous I want a super clean install and cant seem to find any kits that have pre fabbed brackets for the 392's. Nitrous outlet makes a good, clean looking plate system for the 6.1 but dont see anything for the 392's. Think it would fit? Nitrous Outlet 6.1L 80mm Hemi Vehicle Specific Plate System - Chrysler Systems - EFI Wet Nitrous Systems

And last but not least thinknig about the Arrington throttle body....worth it?

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Well its getting about that time of year when I have a little extra money to drop into the car (as well as I figure a lot of you are also) and to start thinking what I want to do.

But I'm undecided on what route to go so I come to you for opinions. I like that way the car sits and looks to don't feel I need any exterior upgrades at the moment.

Current mods are in my sig. Been kicking around the idea of Magnaflow mid pipes to match up with my Flowmaster cat back. Also been looking into the Kooks LT headers. But with it being an SRT with a good set of headers from the factory how much is there really to gain in that area?

Might go more suspension this year maybe the Mopar rear strut brace to match the front and a good set of front and rear sway bars. What are you 392 SRT guys using for sway bars?

And I have been kicking around the idea of nitrous...I know I know that general feelings of nitrous around here are bad. I have used nitrous on a lot of my cars and never had any issues. Nitrous is just a safe as a turbo or supercharger is used correctly. But if I do nitrous I want a super clean install and cant seem to find any kits that have pre fabbed brackets for the 392's. Nitrous outlet makes a good, clean looking plate system for the 6.1 but dont see anything for the 392's. Think it would fit? Nitrous Outlet 6.1L 80mm Hemi Vehicle Specific Plate System - Chrysler Systems - EFI Wet Nitrous Systems

And last but not least thinknig about the Arrington throttle body....worth it?

Thanks for the help guys!
Could a camshaft and/or stroker upgrade be in the mix?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Could a camshaft and/or stroker upgrade be in the mix?
Camshaft maybe but stroker kit is a little too much...I don't have that much money to play with. Besides I think I would supercharger before stroker kit.

I have seen numerous threads about the 5.7 guys doing cam swaps but havent seen much about what the 392 guys are doing.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I personally wouldn't bother with the Arrington Throttlebody. I would send my stock throttlebody to fastman and have Dan port it out both front and back. Half the price of the Arrington and works better. If you go nitrous on the 392, I would highly suggest some drop in forged pistons! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts