Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the general thought was on boost pressure limit of a stock 6.4 intake manifold.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I do not have solid proof on this nor can I remember what article I read this in.. I read that people began noticing failure of the plastic intake manifold at 16lbs of boost. I have seen people running at 15lbs with no issues.. I saved the worry by upgrading to a billet Wilson 'Fatmouth' intake manifold. I will look for the article for reference though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have heard 6 psi without upgrading internals. Go to vendor's area and look up Steve White. Lots of discussions there about it

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have heard 6 psi without upgrading internals. Go to vendor's area and look up Steve White. Lots of discussions there about it
6 to 8psi on the stock internals.. I think he is referring specifically to the plastic composite intake manifold itself..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
1 Posts
yep I’m running a 3.40” upper 8 rib pulley
On my D1X and it will not hold over 15psi also the stick piping is useless past 9psi. Def concur an aftermarket manifold is needed I should be more like 17-19psi with my 3.40 pulley I made 14psi on the 3.70”. I also believe its worth swapping the calve springs out for some 1516 beehives at that boost level

1 - 5 of 5 Posts