Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving around my 2020 challenger hellcat, I’ve noticed that it Max’s out at about 10PSI. Is this factory electronically limited?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
my altitude is 1066’. I just want to figure out if it’s easy to add more boost or if it requires lots of modifications.
You'd have to change your pulley and retune. Pretty straightforward but you'll need an unlocked PCM, and if you add enough boost you'll have to also upgrade your fuel system.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,754 Posts
Well If you want to run more boost you need a to unlock the PCM, and get a security bypass cable along with a tuner like HP tuners. Any modifications to the stock tune will result in a P1400 (aftermarket tune detected) which is also stored by BCM and voids the warranty.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,194 Posts
After driving around my 2020 challenger hellcat, I’ve noticed that it Max’s out at about 10PSI. Is this factory electronically limited?
My info is the boost is limited/regulated to 11.6 psi.

That you are seeing about 10 psi is probably because you are not driving the car in such a way the full boost is necessary.

The way it was explained to me is the engine controller tries to satisfy the torque demanded by the driver which he signals via the gas pedal. If this torque demand can be satisfied by in your case just "10 psi" of boost that's all the engine will get.

With another car, a turbo charged car, nominal boost was 0.7 bar. When I was only able to see 0.6 bar that's when I talked to the tech and he told me the above.

Armed with the knowledge I went out and found a place where I could open the engine up and I managed to get 0.7 bar of boost. But I needed an empty road and lots of it. The engine making full boost accelerated the car like a rocket.

The few times I have monitored boost in my Hellcat under hard acceleration I can't watch the boost gauge for too long because I find my eyes locked on the road. The car gains speed at such a rate that I have to cut out distractions and this means no longer monitoring the boost gauge.

I'm sure the engine makes full boost just I either have no place to give it the chance to do this or I miss it because I'm busying driving the car as it breaks 100mph then continues to gains speed at an incredible rate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts