Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please specify what is the difference between these two different kits.
I have a 2019 R/T Scat Pack and I can’t seem to figure out what the difference is/and or which one I need. Any help would be appreciated!

Text Font Line Document Calligraphy

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's from the Borla website? I got mine from Summit and used the borla web page as my research. It should say which ones fit as well as which ones have A8 MDS and non MDS M6. Thats weird they all say the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk both ;) Anthony, wherever you got your screen shot from has it wrong

140641 - Has working Active Exhaust Valves (pay no attention to mention of MDS valves). These valves work just as the stock valves in your stock system work

140678 - Does not have valves that work like stock, It has Valve Simulators that mimic the action the computer expects to see from the Active Exhaust Valves to prevent throwing codes. This exhaust will be full open all the time

Because the AEV have nothing to do with the MDS (Multiple Displacement System) found on Automatics, then it doesn't matter Manual or Automatic. You notice the

392 6.4L V8 Automatic/ Manual Transmission Rear Wheel Drive 2 Door

In the description of both

A Guy

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! This screenshot was right from Borla’s website. Any recommendations on what kit is better and of course causes less issues? I’ve heard of springs installed wrong and check engine lights after install.
Thanks!

So, would I want the kit with the simulators or with the “valves” ? Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you! This screenshot was right from Borla’s website. Any recommendations on what kit is better and of course causes less issues? I’ve heard of springs installed wrong and check engine lights after install.
Thanks!

So, would I want the kit with the simulators or with the “valves” ? Anyone have any experience with these?
I had the kit with the simulators and it was great. No issues, no check engine etc... We drove it from Virginia down to Gatlinburg TN and there was zero drone and it was very well behaved while cruising. Stomp on it and it roared to life. Really an excellent and well engineered exhaust. Hope this helps...

Greg

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the kit with the simulators and it was great. No issues, no check engine etc... We drove it from Virginia down to Gatlinburg TN and there was zero drone and it was very well behaved while cruising. Stomp on it and it roared to life. Really an excellent and well engineered exhaust. Hope this helps...

Greg
Thanks!
Do you still have it on the car? Compared to stock, good bit of difference?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually pulled it off and sold it as I am trading the Scat in on a Hellcat and put the Scat back to stock. I think there was a good bit of difference, not huge and definitely not obnoxious, but you could tell it definitely wasn't stock. Louder, meaner and that increased the further you pushed down on the gas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts