Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does the Borla Atak actively use the AES valves or is it simulated and always open? Product descriptions everywhere seem to leave this bit out. And they also call them MDS valves which I know is incorrect lol.
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) They have 3 versions

One is no valves, that wouldn't be for you if you have valves currently [WITHOUT MDS (Cyl. Deactivation) Valves]

With working valves which work just as the stock AEV work [With MDS (cyl. deactivation) Valves]

With AEV simulators, which satisfy the system looking for valve operation, these would be open all the time [With MDS (cyl. deactivation) Valves. BORLA Systems Contains Valve Simulators]

A Guy

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
Great information A Guy!

If you have any further questions feel free to give us a call 561-687-3712, we have had great feedback on Borla products. I almost put Borla on my SRT, but I ended up choosing Zoomers.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Yeah I don’t know why Borla can’t figure it out. I just had the S type installed on my 2016, which does not have AEV valves but does have MDS and the Borla website said I had to get the valves or simulated valves. Of course, I bought the system without valves which was the correct one for my year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts