Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be putting the Borla ATAK exhaust onto my SXT, it doesn't ship with any exhaust tips just uses the factory set up. Been looking for several days at different set ups and have found a few exhaust tips. Looking for some opinions and other options. Preference is staggered black quad setup that can be clamped on but I haven't had much luck in finding something like that almost everything is welded on. Also trying to figure out the sizing of the inlet of the exhaust, I've read 2.25-2.75. Would any good muffler shop be able to just set up a converter when welding on the tips? Or is that not recommended? Here are the few I've found.
1. Exhaust Tip 2.50" Inlet Dual 3.00 X 9.50 Long Round Double Wall High Temp Black Stainless Wesdon Exhaust Tip
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
615 Posts
I got trackhawk quad tips. They bolt right on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the thread about trackhawk tips besides the pretty hefty price tag, seems like those would fit onto the larger exhausts with wider pipes. Can the bolt on be fitted to a smaller pipe? They did look amazing

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
50 Posts
I have the Flowmaster 15391 tips on my car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Flowmaster 15391 tips on my car.

View attachment 1001304
They look great, hows the fitment in the cut out of the bumper? It appears to fit great and fill it in well. Was speaking with a borla rep and he said to be careful that some aftermarket won't fit. Do you have the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
50 Posts
It really fills the cutouts completely, but is not touching anywhere. I have stock exhaust on my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the borla atak installed, went to a local well known muffler shop they ordered 4inch black tips. They had to move the mufflers alittle back so he can weld on the tips and wouldn't stick out to much. Overall looks good and made it sound slightly louder with the tips on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got any videos of how it sounds with the exhaust? Also do you happen to know which tips those are, I want to compare the length with the ones I'm looking at and see if that will also be the case with mine. Thanks, your car looks great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the late reply...I don't have any videos of the exhaust. I took these pictures hopefully they help if I'm not too late

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
615 Posts
Are you running stock exhaust? I also have a Borla Atak system and spent a frustrating hour trying to get the hawk tips due to Borlas non standard routing. Looking for ideas before I take it to a shop next week.
OEM SRT 392 catback.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Which tips? I went back and forth with Borla for a few months, theyy assured me that the carbon fiiber track hawk tips would not fit my scat.... i did not want to spend $700 to find out they were right...
Borla seems to not want you to use anything besides the factory tips. I had a similar conversation and the guy came up with every possible thing that would make the tips I bought not work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Borla seems to not want you to use anything besides the factory tips. I had a similar conversation and the guy came up with every possible thing that would make the tips I bought not work.
It's a shame, because I think these would be sick.

I even asked them how much it would cost to have them modified to fit a challenger, they told me that it would be impossible

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure why, quite a few people I read on here have those on their vehicles. I'm pretty sure they do fit and work just fine from what I read. But on the v8 engines because they have the larger exhaust pipes than the v6

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From what I remember people fixed that by having the rear mufflers removed or moved up slightly. I could be wrong but I'd search the threads

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,650 Posts
The Trackhawk tips are direct fit on stock system (they do stick out a bit). If the Atak uses the stock tips, they should bolt on. It looks like they exxpect you to use stock tips on an R/T, so the Trackhawk tips should be able to be made fit. These are not carbon fiber

A Guy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts