Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into Borla ATAK catbacks for 5.7 HEMI R/T. I have heard it in person and a lot over the internet. Very happy and interesting expect one problem.....cost. Its a pretty expensive system. However I have come across the borla xr-1 mufflers (that have the same muti-core design as the ATAK muffler) for a fraction of the cost of the cat back. My question is...will XR-1 mufflers (with no resonators) and a x-pipe be like the ATAK catback? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
bump! im looking into doing this too, ive seen some youtube videos and 1 car at a show with the atak system and by far best sound. Im 'not dropping the money for a system nor will the wife let me lol i got the whole i could buy a years worth of hot yoga for that price! haha so far ive had the resonators removed about a year ago and it sounds good but just not enough bark at lower rpm. my plan is to buy the XR1's high flow cats and LT headers nothing pretty and just heat wrap them since you cant really see them from the top just anyway and have my friend that has a custom fab shop bend new pipe in 3"

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been looking into Borla ATAK catbacks for 5.7 HEMI R/T. I have heard it in person and a lot over the internet. Very happy and interesting expect one problem.....cost. Its a pretty expensive system. However I have come across the borla xr-1 mufflers (that have the same muti-core design as the ATAK muffler) for a fraction of the cost of the cat back. My question is...will XR-1 mufflers (with no resonators) and a x-pipe be like the ATAK catback? Thanks!
Hi usachasen,

Glad to hear you’re interested in our products! Regarding the cost of our cat-back systems, I’d highly recommend checking out some of our distributors, such as Amazon.com, American Muscle, JEGS, or Summit Racing for more competitive pricing than what you see on my website.

If you install our XR-1 mufflers (with no resonators) and a x-pipe, it will be loud. However, with the full ATAK cat-back system, your Challenger will sound VERY loud and aggressive, and it WILL wake up your neighbors in the morning. Our engineers designed this system specifically for your R/T, to give you the most in performance gains and sound.

While the ATAK mufflers are designed similarly to our XR-1 mufflers, they are not quite the same. Our universal XR-1 mufflers will almost always be quieter than any ATAK muffler, specifically built for a vehicle. Not to rehash what you might already know, but as a general rule of thumb, the larger a muffler is, the more quiet it will be. Our XR-1 Sportsman and XR-1 Multicore mufflers are meant for high horse power, street driven vehicles, and race cars. They quiet you down significantly, in a very short amount of space. How loud of a sound are looking to truly be? Do you want to be a little quieter than ATAK, ATAK loud, or even louder than ATAK? Keep in mind, the louder an exhaust is on the outside, the louder it will tend to be inside of the cabin. Lastly, do you still plan to run your factory cats?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts